Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
black rimz.jpg

u know those ugly v6 rims? yea well bought some black spray paint and painted those puppies and in my opinion came out frikin sweet! left the center caps original color to add to it. this was alot cheaper thn buyin rims for sure ha wts ur honest opinion?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i actually like it. its better than the original color anyways. What kind of paint did you use and how many coats?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Looks great! Especially with the black car! I actually like your stock wheels more that mine! But I obviously like my FR500's better than all the above lol :winks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Beats the price of new rims until you can put some $$ into some you like.

You took a chance and it looks like it worked out for you. Good job!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I bought them used with the nittos for a price that I couldn't say no to! If your patient and look around deals can be found!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yessir, and yea ur prob about to say its gonna crack and chip. but i did use some high quality clear coat. i sprayed this stuff in water and it actually made a thin barrier almost like plastic wrap, and it was so easy to paint the rims i didnt cover up the tire just spayed away thn wiped off the paint on the tire. so could always do a better job lata if i wanted to.

·
Registered
704 Posts
looks great! i think i might give it a shot!

what kind of clear coat did you use?

and how long did it take you to get all 4 done?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I like, not too shabby for those cheapy lookin stock rims. Hopefully it lasts!!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
not bad...just 16 inch wheels bug me. hahaha

looks pretty good though

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yea forgot to mention iv only painted the two left rims... dont jude me haha :doh: didnt have time.. but im paintin them this wknd. not sure wt kind of clear coat it was my buddys

·
Registered
172 Posts
real nice man, good job! Now ust get some tri-pony spinners and it will look killer! Question, did you pre-sand the rims so the paint sticks longer?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
+1 on the tri-pony spinners, and lose the rocker stripes.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I did this as well a few months back. Alm i used was two coats of black paint no clear coat andd mine look exactly the same as when i did em. Just dont spray too ckose or the paint ewill cluster and crack

·
Registered
175 Posts
They are ugly....yours look great ! nice work....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+1000000 on the tri pony spinners u guys read my damn mind! :bigthumbsup and also with losin the rocker stipes and damn wish I would have pre saned them I just didn't have it at the time for the other two I will for sure

·
Registered
376 Posts
yessir, and yea ur prob about to say its gonna crack and chip. but i did use some high quality clear coat. i sprayed this stuff in water and it actually made a thin barrier almost like plastic wrap, and it was so easy to paint the rims i didnt cover up the tire just spayed away thn wiped off the paint on the tire. so could always do a better job lata if i wanted to.
I used dupi color on my spoiler. It actually comes damn close to matching.

PS. I bought some black dupi color paint and some clear coat. I'm Going to follow your example. It looks great and I think black rims would look nice on my car.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
they look awesome man
i wish i liked black rims with my color cause i would do this to my rims

1 - 20 of 21 Posts