Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard it is to take the headlights apart to paint the plastic around the headlamp body color. I cant seem to find any info.

G

·
Somebody did it here alooong time ago. I asked for this the week I got my car in January, I didn't like the black nor the plastic cover. This guy wanted $1000 to do it for peeps.

I see the CDC Pony has "Jaguar" light buckets but, I've found nothing on them.
Basically you must "cook" the bucket assy to soften the glue and then you can get into the unit. You then cut the plastic and bond directly over the light.
If you do it, you can do mine...

·
Registered
767 Posts
I remember those $1000 buckets. The guy posted them on a ton of different boards and got the same response from everywhere he posted it.

Do you know of anyone that has successfully "cooked" the lens off? There are enough buckets floating around on ebay for descent prices that I wouldn't mind giving it a try. But I have yet to see a success story with them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill be giving it a try shortly, I hate the black.

·
Registered
829 Posts
blue06 said:
ill be giving it a try shortly, I hate the black.
Put me down for four of them in Redfire.

G

·
Werd. I want mine painted redfire and put the plastic on the actual lights where they belong.

The guy who did it did tell me by phone that he also had to add a closeout seal of some type for the gap the light has in the bucket. Good Luck,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts