Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of paint is suitable to paint the brake calipers. I am tired of having to scrub the brake pad dust off of them. I figure if I paint them the dust will not adhere as easily and will wash off easily.

·
Registered
713 Posts
duplicolor makes a brush on kit as per a thread in the tech forums...look at the thread for more info and options.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The trick is to make sure the calipers are clean,clean,clean. You can paint still on the rotor or take the calipers off the rotor. I left mine on the first time and masked the areas that I did not want to paint. I did mine the minute I got my pony home. First I cleaned with brake rotor cleaner and dried completely.Mask off the non-painted area. I always use VHT Brake Caliper&Drum paint. This is a high temp paint that has a real nice gloss to it. Easy to wash off the brake dust and looks great. One of my winter projects will be crossdrilled rotors and I will clean and paint better with the calipers off the car. You can get the VHT online or at many car parts stores. I use it on all my cars and it never peels and also cleans up great. Like I said in the beginning,make sure they are clean. Good luck and once done you will love the look..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
The caliper painting kit you get at autoparts stores are great. They come with a can of cleaner that works very well. Put on at least two coats, three is better.

I think the little bit of color adds a lot to a black car especially.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I had my civic I got a can of spraypaint from Auto Zone especially for rotors and calipers. Sand blasted and then painted, they came out pretty good

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I agree the red calipers on black look sweet!!! should I do mine blue to match my stripes or??????? what color?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paint

I painted mine yellow I put about 5 coats on. Yes I do have a screeming 06
GT:eyepoppin

·
Registered
246 Posts
How nice do you think they would look on a mineral grey gt with 17 inch factory upgraded rims (check car domain for pics in sig)? Anyone have a picture of them painted with my rims? I found the G2 kit for $33.99...is that the best bet instead of just buying the paint and cleaner seperatly.

Also how hard is it to paint and what steps do you have to go through, you need to take them off to paint them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.