Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to make my Mustang bumper imprint black. I could do a decal but I'm worried about cracking and fading (living in the desert everything fades:madas: ). I want to paint it, but what type of paint should I use. Spray or brushed? And do I need to rough up the surface so the paint makes better contact?
I could probably take it somewhere, but it's cheaper and I'd rather do it myself.
Thanks for any help you guys can give! :drink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
You could always purchase the metal inserts that UPR Products sells if your worried about fading and cracking. I don't think you would have a problem with those. The only draw back is that I think they only come in silver, not sure though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if I want silver though. I think black would look best with the black top and all. If I get chrome inserts I might have to get shiney wheels and then it's all downhill from there...:grinroll:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ive seen a few around here (NC) that they had taken to an airbrussher, one of them was just plain solid color and the other 2 were more custom , I dont think they would charge a whole lot and they have the precsion that it takes to stay in the imprint. Just passing my 2 cent along.
However good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.