Ford Mustang Forum banner

painting in the engine bay

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  silverbullitt51 
#1 ·
I was just curious if anyone had any tips for painting inside the engine bay. It has been something that has had me curious as i was told before it helps protect parts and was easy to clean. Plus it looks nice.

#3 ·
Take off ,engine bay grease first,2 nd removed old paint ,with paint remover,or paint striper,or wire wheel,3 tape all electrical wires 4.trow some heavy duty primer with a spray gun or spray can 3 coats,5. Paper sand primer off with lite gritt, and ready to apply ur paint off choice,n then two coats of clear coat

#4 ·
Like the throttle body and other things the engine bay is ok as it is as the paint is holding up great im going a dark grey and red theme

#5 ·
if your gonna paint some plastic parts, i would suggest using bulldog primer first. its a promotor for plastic prep before you paint. i used it on my chin spoiler and its taken a beating and held up well. the guys a cdc suggested it to me. heres what the can looks like. i had my oreillys order it in. maybe dulicolor paint for your color match or contrasting colors for the parts.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.