Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i started spray painting the inside of my v6 96 mustang and I have run into a problem... When I got done spraying a piece it started cracking and poping up.:anianger: The paint i bought was for plastic and EXE... It still has a little of the old soft paint or what ever it is on it... I could use some inf... Please... Thanks...:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you spraying the engine compartment, or the passenger compartment? All I can say is that if it is the engine compartment, make sure that it can handle a good deal of heat...

If it is passenger area, then i have no clue :grinroll:

im not really much help (Yet), but Im workin on it...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Did you clean the plastics real good to get the any greasy Armour All type stuff off first? Maybe rub it lightly with a little steel wool first and make sure its really clean.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
dollarbill said:
Did you clean the plastics real good to get the any greasy Armour All type stuff off first? Maybe rub it lightly with a little steel wool first and make sure its really clean.
you need to clean it well with a laundry detergent, or 409, rinse it well, and primer it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
ShadowFist said:
Are you spraying the engine compartment, or the passenger compartment? All I can say is that if it is the engine compartment, make sure that it can handle a good deal of heat...

If it is passenger area, then i have no clue :grinroll:

im not really much help (Yet), but Im workin on it...
sand the primer with VERY fine sandpaper (wet/dry 1200+ grit

and use SEVERAL thin coats!!!! not one thick coat!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.