Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone provide a link and/or help on proper panel replacement? I mean, I'm good with welding and metalworking, but I've never applied it to cars before. I just want to get the best result as possible which will make less work for the bodyman.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, I do bodywork for a living and can help ya out. Im actually going to be replacing my roof panel soon. As soo as the panel gets here. I can take lots of pictures and document what I am doing in the pictures. Let me know what you need and I will do my best to help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just kinda wondering on the removal of the old panel for the most part, though the entire process of replacing a panel would be nice.

Also, where are you getting a roof panel? I never heard of one ever being made or reproduced.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered a roof panel direct from ford. this is for an 89 mustang not an older one. they still have replacement parts, sometimes it just takes a little longer to get them. mostly you just need to drill spot welds. you can get a spot weld drill bit at a auto body supply store. you want to take the panel off like the factory put it on. then separate the panels with a putty knife or small chisels. you have to be careful not to damage the panel you will be welding onto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.