Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dream car is a 2006 GT Vert, with a Parchment roof over a Tungsten Grey Metalic finish. Does anyone have any photos or know of any resources to find photos of this car? I would like to see the colors together, thus having the top up. I have only seen this color combo 1 time, and it just stuck out in my head as a sharp combo. I have been salivating over the new mustang since its introduction, and can't hardly wait to put my order in, albeit that is still some time from now.

Thanks for all of your assistance! :worship

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:wavey Hello? No one wants to help? :sosad:

Just kidding!

S

·
0 Posts
I saw your post and starting searching google to see if I could turn anything up. No luck yet. I'm sure someone could Photoshop it for you... I'll be more than happy to do that once my editing computer is freed up.

I saw that combo once as well and I didn't like it at first but then looked closer and did a complete 180. It's a good combo in my opinion.

Snack

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well, in the Production Numbers thread the spread sheet says there are a total of 1727 Mineral Grey cars with that color combo and 23 Satin Silver ones so someone should have a picture somewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was merely giving you a hard time about not replying! I looked on Google and came up dry. I just thought that maybe someone here may have the combo I am interested in.

Thanks for your help!

:cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like your taste. You will definately love it. I ordered and received the '05 Mineral Grey premium GT with IUP and with the parchment interior. The ordering guy at Ford called me twice prior to sending in the order asking that I change the interior color because he didn't think it would look good. I insisted he order it the way I wanted it. I got it. It looks great!! The Ford dude looked at it and he started salivating. My GT is 1 of 326 made in that color combo. The parchment with the black inserts and trim look great. I get compliments all the time on how sharp and clean the interior looks. I don't have pictures, but I say "go for it". The '06 Tunsten is not that much different from my Mineral. I have not regretted my choice for even 1 second.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just think that Parchment over Tungsten would be a real class act. Plus it is unusual and kinda refined in a strange way. My wife salivates over the BMW's across the street from the Ford Dealer that are in the Dark Grey Color. My mission right now is to gather as much info about the do's and don'ts of buying my dream car. I have a while to decide on all the specifics, but this is a hoot looking at all the options. I just can't wait to eventually un-wrap my pony. "I am sick of looking at all of the "Pretty Horses" and not being able to cut one loose from the herd." I told my wife that exact preceeding sentence, and that is when she promised me that I could get one, eventually. Until the eventually is here I am going to drive myself nuts looking at all the possibilities!

:drool:

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
wmutkelaw said:
I just think that Parchment over Tungsten would be a real class act. Plus it is unusual and kinda refined in a strange way. My wife salivates over the BMW's across the street from the Ford Dealer that are in the Dark Grey Color. My mission right now is to gather as much info about the do's and don'ts of buying my dream car. I have a while to decide on all the specifics, but this is a hoot looking at all the options. I just can't wait to eventually un-wrap my pony. "I am sick of looking at all of the "Pretty Horses" and not being able to cut one loose from the herd." I told my wife that exact preceeding sentence, and that is when she promised me that I could get one, eventually. Until the eventually is here I am going to drive myself nuts looking at all the possibilities!

:drool:
I think you have a winner since you have already seen what it would look like on a similar color car. But I do have to disagree on the poster who said tungsten grey is like mineral grey. Under certain conditions the mineral gray has a bronze tone (I have seen this). The tungsten (I have one) has a subtle purplish look under certain conditions especially when the sun shines on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree about the Tungsten having more of a purplish hint to it. I like it. Plus, my wife likes the darker greys.

Thanks for your opinions!

S

·
0 Posts
Well... I'm no help. I've looked all over for a good pic of a vert to photoshop for you and i'm not having luck with google or anything. I agree, though, that you have a winning combo and should just do it. You would definately have something that would stand out

My advice... order now because the wait is going to kill you. It's killing me.

:winks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found some pictures of the color combo. here they are, what do you all think? Again, thanks for all of your help! I found this car on Ebay, hope the guy selling it for his wife enjoys the free advertising!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those pictures of the tan top on the grey car are awful. When you were saying "parchment" I thought that you were talking about the white color that I have in my 67 that is called parchment

Tan and grey do not go together. Tan goes with brown and black goes with grey.:eyebulge: :eyebulge:

S

·
0 Posts
I dunno... I like it. Maybe I'm partial as that's the color of the top on my 96. You'll get varying opinions but you have my vote.

Snack.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am just not sure, I think I am going to have to go sit in one with the color combo, and breath in the whole experience, then I may be able to make a decision. I have decided to put off the purchase for a while. I think I want to get a bigger down payment saved up, then I can make my payments dramatically lower, which is always a good thing. Also, I think I am going to keep running my present car a bit longer, b/c it is not worth anything on trade, but is great transportation for now. But, the bug has definetely bitten me, and who knows...some would bet that I will have a mustang by August!

Thanks for all of your help!

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I first read the color descriptions, tungsten/mineral with the parchment top and interior I thought "ughhhh". After seeing the photos I have to admit, I think it's a great combo. To each their own taste, of course.

·
Registered
71 Posts
67&05 Ragtops said:
Those pictures of the tan top on the grey car are awful. When you were saying "parchment" I thought that you were talking about the white color that I have in my 67 that is called parchment

Tan and grey do not go together. Tan goes with brown and black goes with grey.:eyebulge: :eyebulge:
Opions are like ass*****. Everybody has one. Whats good for one is not good for another. Thats why there are options. Good choice if you like it buy it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dream Car

wmutkelaw said:
My dream car is a 2006 GT Vert, with a Parchment roof over a Tungsten Grey Metalic finish. Does anyone have any photos or know of any resources to find photos of this car? I would like to see the colors together, thus having the top up. I have only seen this color combo 1 time, and it just stuck out in my head as a sharp combo. I have been salivating over the new mustang since its introduction, and can't hardly wait to put my order in, albeit that is still some time from now.

Thanks for all of your assistance! :worship
I think I saw one like that here in Victoria , I'll drive by and if so I'll snap a picture for you !

·
Registered
113 Posts
wmutkelaw said:
My dream car is a 2006 GT Vert, with a Parchment roof over a Tungsten Grey Metalic finish. Does anyone have any photos or know of any resources to find photos of this car?
These are as close as I could find.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for posting the pics! I found an exact match of the color combo on Ebay, the pictures are in the thread's first page (I posted them).

Thanks for the research!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.