Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first (of probably many) times posting! I just bought a 67 fastback GT clone that is 90% complete, all that is left to be done is fix some minor problems and redo the interior. Anyone know of common reasons why the parking break doesn't work, any remedies?

Also, I plan to DIY the interior, which is currently blue/white two tone. I want to convert to black, which will require painting some of the metal components, any suggestions on what brand/style of paint to use for interior work? Any good resources for running me through the process?

THANKS!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
i dont know much about cars but the 1st thing i would check on the parking break is the cable. make sure its hooked up and not broken.

G

·
I had the same problem with the parking brake on my car, but never took the time to try and fix it. Does the car have good rear brakes on it? I'd just follow the whole parking cable assembly and make sure it's hooked up in all the right spots and then have someone pull the brake on while you're under the car to see if the cable moves.

Also, just go to your local paint store and tell them what you need for dash color. It's somewhat of a satin black, not very shiny. What I am doing is shooting mine black(I don't remember what black it is beyond the fact that it's PPG) but I just won't clearcoat it which will leave it that satin look. If you're confused by this or don't trust this, just order up some sort of Mustang dash piece like those little plastic pieces that bolt to your dash. Then just take that piece into the paint store and tell them you want a black that matches the black on the plastic piece. Any good paint shop should be able to get close. If you're going for the exact color, then let me know and I'll tell you another way.

·
Registered
241 Posts
the ebrake handle would'nt come out on my 68 and it was just the wheels and linkage under the dash that needed a shot of wd-40. found this out after i bought a new cable hehe. works great now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.