Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the parking lights in a 1969 should be shutting off when you turn the headlights on? I read where, I think, up to 67 this how things were done but then changed to keep the parking lights on from 68 on. We're just not sure if we've got some more wiring issues to deal with. The light around the ignition also will come on when the knob is pulled out once to activate the parking lights. But that too will shut off when the knob is clicked out once more to turn the headlights on. It makes us think this probably isn't how it should be working but I would love any insight and ideas on fixing the problem. Thanks in advance.

J Miller

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is close to a question i had about my 68. the car has the side marker lights on the front and when the lights are on park the markers and turn lights are on, pull the headlights on and the "bumper" lights (ie turn signals) go out but the side marker lights stay on. also on the 68 did it have the reflector's the rear quarters? lights? chrome bezel or inset? good luck I hope we get some advice
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that the parking lights on the 68, the way you describe it, are supposed to shut off like that. But we can't find any info on the 69. I'm not sure about the reflectors nor bezel or inset on the rear fenders. For what it's worth, the 69 has marker lights with chrome bezels on the rear fenders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts