Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
So over the past month I've had a rattle/buzz when going over bumps. I thought it was coming from the air vent/air vent assembly in the dash or the A pillar hitting the dash. Turns out the rattle was coming from a small clip that holds on the air bag plate. Very easy to access with the glove box open.

Hope this helps out someone else. Only one more rattle to go... coming from the door.

Detail to find clip: Look where it says AIRBAG on your dash. Open the glove box and place your hand in the same spot behind the dash and move your hand left until you find a clip that hold the air bag plate in place. You know when you find it because you can push on the clip and it will move the dash plate. I stuck a tiny bit of foam between the clip to make the fit a little tighter. NO MORE RATTLE!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So over the past month I've had a rattle/buzz when going over bumps. I thought it was coming from the air vent/air vent assembly in the dash or the A pillar hitting the dash. Turns out the rattle was coming from a small clip that holds on the air bag plate. Very easy to access with the glove box open.

Hope this helps out someone else. Only one more rattle to go... coming from the door.

Detail to find clip: Look where it says AIRBAG on your dash. Open the glove box and place your hand in the same spot behind the dash and move your hand left until you find a clip that hold the air bag plate in place. You know when you find it because you can push on the clip and it will move the dash plate. I stuck a tiny bit of foam between the clip to make the fit a little tighter. NO MORE RATTLE!
Thanks for the tip :bigthumbsupI will be checking this today. The next noise concern will be my dash. I have this noise/rattle coming from the dash (but not all the time). Pushing down on the dash fixes the problem :headscratch:

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks for posting this... <sigh>, we have an elusive rattle - sounds like dash - but doesn't last long enough to pin it down...

We'll be checking this out... thanks again!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

I've been having the same rattle problem. I thought it was the passenger side vent too. I just took a walk out to my car and checked. I found that clip behind the "air bag" writing. I pushed on it and that panel pushed forward. I'm going to try and secure that. Hopefully that will solve my car's rattle problem too. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good deal! Glad I could help some people, that damn rattle was driving me crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.