Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side window isn't working. Every now then when I start up my car, that window would automatically roll down (or up) and stay until I give it power again the next time I start my car. Can someone please help!!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
See Mustang Owner's Guide (glove box manual)

Perform short drop glass recalibration: Lower window (with door closed) fully then hold switch in that position for two seconds. Raise window (with door closed) fully, then hold switch in that position for two seconds.
See if the above fixes the problem...before taking anything apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now when I do the recalibration, do I try to do both windows (my passenger window isn't working, but my driver side window is) or just one of them?

I've tried doing it by pulling both left and right side window motor fuses while rolling both windows down as well as letting it idle. Do i need to try removing the terminal instead of the fuses???

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
each window works separately, so I would think you only need to do the recalibration for the one window which is a problem.

The procedure which the other guys describe, requiring requiring removing fuses or battery cable is new information to me. I have never had to do that on my car.

I believe, if you removed the correct fuse for that window in the underhood fuse box, that should have been enough to erase the memory which I believe is in a circuit board attached to each window motor.
Hope you noted that removing fuse is unlearning, then the window switch raise and hold, then lower and hold things must be done as a relearn procedure.

I know nothing more than the above except that the system is complicated and another person finally had to replace one window motor, though his symptoms were different than yours.

The windows are designed to stop on the way up, if they hit any obstruction. In this case, they would stop (on the way up) and then go down. Certainly a binding of anything in the glass run channel could cause the window to do the above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts