Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Mustang GT 101K. The passenger window won't roll down until you are going 30 mph or above. Then once you roll it down it won't go back up until you shut the car off, pull the key out, reinsert the key and turn the ignition to run. then it will automatically roll all the way up and won't roll back down.....

Now, I have done the window motor reset, the best I can. Since the window wont work both ways.

The short down and back up when the door is open always works.

When the window does work it will do full auto down or stop in the middle if you let off the button.

I have searched and read every window related thread, searched google and yahoo for answers. I have come up empty handed, so I am asking for anyone help with this matter.

By the way, I just bought this car a week ago. So I don't know much on the history of the car.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What happens if you use the passenger side window switch?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Gotta be wiring or regulator related then. I would try opening and closing the door as well as moving the wiring harness while trying to use the passenger window switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was wiring or motor how can the door open and shut window drop work all the time? I would think that it would also not work????

Does the regulator have a computer system or computer board built into it?? Or sensors that tell the motor or computer where the window position is?

Thanks for all your help everyone, I am new to this year mustangs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have wiggled, moved and open and shut the passenger door, while trying the passenger switch then I did the same trying the driver door switch for passenger window.
Still no change in the window.
Is there a computer that controls the windows in these cars?
TIA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts