Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 convertible. I'm having an intermittent problem with passenger window. When I close it, it goes all the way up and when it hits it max, it just goes 90% of the way down. In order to close it, I have to slowly roll it up and stop just before the top.

I know it has something to do with the rear windows as when they are down, this always happens, i suppose it might be a safety feature to remind you that your rear windows are down. Now it happens all the time, regardless of the position of the rear windows.
Thanks
Brad.

·
Administrator
8,659 Posts
Welcome to the site! Strange, hopefully a member with some experience in this will be by soon to offer up some advice.

·
Registered
383 Posts
With the car on, roll the windows down by holding down on the window switch. Once it is completely down, KEEP holding down the switch for an additional 5 seconds. Then roll the windows up in the same manner holding the switch for an additional 5 seconds once they are completely rolled up.

If it still does it after doing this Window Reset procedure, please let us know.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Yeah the reset would be the first thing to try.

My windows do weird things every now and then too. Like sometimes they will go down when I click the up button . . . sometimes they will go part way up, then turn around and go down by themselves . . . it's always a "WTF" moment when it happens because I am never expecting it . . . . but it is not consistent so I never bothered to do anything about it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
On the 2007 I had, it was a pretty good indicator that the battery needed to be replaced. The voltage would drop to low while starting, and the window mechanisms would lose their memory. New Battery, no more problems.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Yeah the reset would be the first thing to try.

My windows do weird things every now and then too. Like sometimes they will go down when I click the up button . . . sometimes they will go part way up, then turn around and go down by themselves . . . it's always a "WTF" moment when it happens because I am never expecting it . . . . but it is not consistent so I never bothered to do anything about it.
Exactly the same with mine, lol

On the 2007 I had, it was a pretty good indicator that the battery needed to be replaced. The voltage would drop to low while starting, and the window mechanisms would lose their memory. New Battery, no more problems.
Always had a good battery, still had the same issue.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine does something similar. If the windows are down and I raise the passenger door window without first raising the rear window the door window will go almost all the way up then lower itself. To get around that I just raise the rear window first. Doesn't do that on the driver's side. Kind of quirky but nothing seems to be actually broken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts