Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger window motor gave out i guess. my question is, now that the window is stuck in the down position is there any way to roll it up until i get the funds for a new motor? i hate using plastic to cover the window when it rains. this is on an 89 GT. thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
514 Posts
to see if its the motor or the switch/wiring thats bad take off the door panal and unplug the motor. then run a hot wire and a ground from the battery and put the ends on the plug if it dont move switch them around if it dont move yet its the motor but alot of times its just corosion on the switch and a good tear down and cleaning of the switch will fix it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the window wont go up using either window switch's. for now i just need to know how to roll it up so it wont get rain inside the car.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Remove the motor so as to be able to lift the window closed. Hold the window closed, and reinstall the motor. Mine pretty much stayed up with the motor removed, for the week or whatever that I drove it, till I got my new motor.
Autozone ones are garanteed for life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 94 GT, but the previous owner gave me the "key" to solve the problem... a paper clip. He had it bent so that if you flip switches to the backside, you can jumper two of them. I don't remember the colors of the wires, but they were both on the same outer side. I swapped the switches from one side to the other and it made no difference. I just gave in and purchased all new switches and it fixed the problem. Good luck!

Jon

·
Registered
73 Posts
I replaced the motor in my 85 with an Autozone unit (not too many $). Works great. I would also recommend cleaning and lubing the track system. I did this and now the window moves smooth and quickly (compared to before the motor replacement). I know in my case the window was up and when I took out the motor it fell. The window is a bit more heavy than you would think. Just take care to not break the glass. If you are going to move the window up and reinstall the dead motor it may help to have an extra pair of hands.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my passenger window motor gave out i guess. my question is, now that the window is stuck in the down position is there any way to roll it up until i get the funds for a new motor? i hate using plastic to cover the window when it rains. this is on an 89 GT. thanks for the help in advance.

i just had the same problem with mine and the problem was that my window motor gear was jammed what i did to fix it was take off the door panel the took out the speaker, then undid the 3 bolts to drop the window motor out once the window motor was dropped down i pushed my window button and the gear started spinning so i put on some white grease on the gear and put it back into place and did the 3 bolts back up just snug tight and it works fine now give that a try hope this helped :bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.