Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a proud owner feeling really good about my car so it may bore you all but I found it funny.

Tonight I had a guy over to discuss refinancing my house. From the moment he got here he wouldnt stop asking about my car. At the end of the meeting my wife says "you wanna drive it?". The guy leaped out of the chair and was half way out the door before I knew it. So we get in the car and he starts her up and wets himself over the throaty sound. He starts driving (with me in it of course) down the street and is driving like a old lady even though I kept telling him to get on it a bit. After about a mile of putting along I told him if you wanna see how she goes youll have to stop babying it. The guy says hes scared and pulls over so I can drive. Anyhow I take him down a business district thats empty after 6 and come to a stop. Rev it to about 3000 and let her rip, literally. I got the back end going right then grabbed and we took off faster than Ive ever taken it before. The whole time Im concentrating on shifts hes mumbling "holy crap" over and over. I finally let off in 3rd gear doing 90. After I slow down and start driving normal again I said "not bad eh" and all I got was "wow". We got back to my house a few blocks away and he got out of the car white as a ghost and shaking. The guy sat in his car for about 10 minutes before leaving cuz he said he wasnt feeling very well and he "had to let him stomach relax before he threw up" :eyepoppin :eyepoppin . Now if that wont make a Stang owner proud Im not sure what will lol.

BTW you guys were right about how high to rev before shifts. Both shifts were at about 5800-6000 and I couldnt believe what that car was doing. Now I gotta work on my launch so I dont burn out off the start.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
nice reaction; not sure that's the right place to do it. Enjoy & drive safe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its not bad where we went. Its a bunch of old warehouses and only about 3 of them are in business. No people within a few blocks and everything was closed for the weekend when we went there. Probably wouldnt do it again but it was fun to give it a go once.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
you know what else is fun, take off in 1st, dosent have to be hard or anything... keep in in 1st until you get the rpms to like 2500 or something usually around 15mph... then with ac and trac off... just punch the gas to the max... i have done that with a few people in a side street, and when i look over they have this odd face and they are buried into the seat. i think it so much fun.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I made one of my buddies almost poop himself one night trying to get on the highway. Traffic was busy and the car in front of me didn't want to get on the gas and merge, so I swung out 3 lanes and romped on it about 40mph in second. I shifted to third at 60ish and got back on it. Next thing i know I looked down and saw 85 in a 55 zone so I shifted to 5th and let it coast back down to 70.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.