Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my car to ford and had the transponder and cluster replaced and my keys reprogrammed but still nothing, what else could it be this is getting extremely frustrating cause I havent had my mustang for a week now

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
This is not cool posting multiple threads on the same topic. Perhaps if you spent more time in the initial post you would get some responses.

For example when I read the opening post, here is just a few questions that came to mind:
  • Confirm the model year of your car. We should not have to "assume" it's an 2002 because 02 is in your user-ID.
  • What was done before the car was taken to the dealer?
  • What are the "exact" symptoms now? "still have nothing" tells us nothing.
  • Why do you suspect a PATS problem?
  • What other tests have been run?
Certainly would be interested to hear how the dealer could install a new transponder, re-program the cluster and PCM and then turn over a non-working car.

I'm going to assme the symptom is crank with no-start.
  • Does the theft light go out after a 3 second prove out when the key is turned on?
  • Does the theft light blink during cranking?
  • Has the CKP sensor signal been confirmed?
  • Does the fuel pump run at initial key on?
  • Has the firing pulse at the fuel injector been confirmed?
  • Has the firing pulse at the COP been confirmed?
  • Does the PCM "talk" to the ODB2 scanner?
If you want something out of life, sometimes you have to be prepared to put something into it.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
did they reflash the ECU for the new cluster? im pretty sure if the cluster doesnt match the ECU it wont start, also is the ignition in good shape?

^the above is a much better source of Info than I am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts