Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my Paxton Novi 2200 on Friday. It came with ID1000 injectors, a Vortech specific BAP, and a 3.4" pulley, along with remote tuning by Ken at Lund. It took my dad and I pretty much all weekend to install. Good news for '13 owners is that there is no cutting of the front bumper required. It's running now but is throwing P2196 and P2198 codes so I haven't really driven it much. I'm confident that issue will be fixed soon so I'll have my impressions on how it runs then. For now here are a few pics of the install. I planned on taking more but forgot when I was in the zone. Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics. I'll get better ones soon.

dis.JPG

mid.JPG

installed.JPG

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks awesome, your car is gonna be a beast!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome, your car is gonna be a beast!
I'm hoping so. You're the one who convinced me to take the plunge! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm hoping so. You're the one who convinced me to take the plunge! :bigthumbsup
I'm sure it didn't take much convincing, I know it didnt for me, I also looked at other cars with the Paxton and had to have it! I think you will make around 660-680rwhp. With the cooler weather, I need to invest in some drag radials, 1st and 2nd are pretty useless, but the car sure is fun and the power is scary and amazing at the same time.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure it didn't take much convincing, I know it didnt for me, I also looked at other cars with the Paxton and had to have it! I think you will make around 660-680rwhp. With the cooler weather, I need to invest in some drag radials, 1st and 2nd are pretty useless, but the car sure is fun and the power is scary and amazing at the same time.
Haha so you didn't really have to twist my arm. Honestly, it just took one look of your dyno graph in addition to you saying it still drives like stock at lower RPMs and I was sold.

Yeah I think my next big purchase will be some Welds or Race Stars and Mickey Thompson E/T Streets. Ahh I can't wait to be scared and amazed at the same time!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably not for two weeks. Looking at header wrap for a little project while I wait for a free Saturday.
A free Saturday?!:worship Haha that would take me all weekend too. I had so much trouble doing the cat deletes on my '11 that I couldn't believe you swapped them on for a track day!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Did yours come with an intercooler? So no.cutting?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Awesome looking car, hopefully you can get all the kinks worked out and enjoy that beast.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did yours come with an intercooler? So no.cutting?
Yeah it came with the intercooler. No cutting of the bumper. Extensive cutting of the fan shroud, radiator side shrouds, lower air dam(under engine), and a bunch of hoses.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome looking car, hopefully you can get all the kinks worked out and enjoy that beast.
Thanks! I'm sure it'll all be smoothed out soon.

G

·
0 Posts
A free Saturday?!:worship Haha that would take me all weekend too. I had so much trouble doing the cat deletes on my '11 that I couldn't believe you swapped them on for a track day!

It's not to sound like I'm a badass tech but rather I have no choice if I am going to use my shop. Hours are 8am to 4pm and the car has to be out by then.

Regarding those cat delete pipes, Ken's muscle was the big help there!:worship

·
Administrator
13,263 Posts
Very Nice!!!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not to sound like I'm a badass tech but rather I have no choice if I am going to use my shop. Hours are 8am to 4pm and the car has to be out by then.

Regarding those cat delete pipes, Ken's muscle was the big help there!:worship
Yeah it definitely helps having someone there to be on the other side.

Very Nice!!!!!:bigthumbsup
Thanks kenv!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stupid me for not realizing there are so damn many 'Ken's' on this here forum! I think you know which one I was referring to!
Haha yeah that guy with the slow vert, right? :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts