Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally finished my Paxton HO install today.Talk about a tight fit, the intercooler pipes were a beast to get in place along with the bypass valve pipes. I started on Friday night and had everything in place on Mon morning after taking Sunday off. I would have been up and running if the blasted plugs would have come out. I had to finally have a rollback take it to the dealer to remove 5 of the plugs ($250). Other than that I did the complete install myself. If I had known how tight the intercooler pipes were I would have probably went with the Saleen or Whipple instead for an easier install. Other than the fit Brenspeeds Paxton HO kit is great. Nice and docile around town, really cant tell you have done anything except for the whine. But after 2800k you better hold on. Feels like you just got rear ended by a Mac truck and keeps pulling. I cant wait until I can get her on the drag strip. Anyway here are some pics after the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Looking good. You going to get some dyno numbers?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So 5 plugs broke and got stuck in the heads?
Yea, all 5 left the bottom sleeve in the cylinder. I was using less than 10 lbs of torque and they still came off. I tried to take the ones apart that came out good and couldnt get them apart. I really think the plugs are deffective from the get go. I even put the good ones in a vice and couldnt get them apart without destroying them. All had about the same amount of carbon build up and none were difficult to back out. Oh well, at least its over and I have a supercharged stang again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good. You going to get some dyno numbers?
I want to put a few easy miles on it 1st to make sure everything is good. I'll probably put her on a dyno in a couple weeks. I'm hoping for between 450rwhp and 475rwhp.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Congrats... Glad to hear your happy with it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Clean looking install. The dough you saved by installing it yourself more than paid for the plug job.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clean looking install. The dough you saved by installing it yourself more than paid for the plug job.
Yea, and then some. Most install quotes were running in the $1200 range and me driving between 2 and 8 hours. I still have some clean-up work to do like some vac lines and wiring to be re-routed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
killbee, tonight i went to change the plugs in my f-150 and the second one i did the bottom of the plug stayed in the cylinder. the truck will be going to the dealer tommorrow. i give up. all i was trying to do was routene maintenance and it comes back to bit me

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Yea, all 5 left the bottom sleeve in the cylinder. I was using less than 10 lbs of torque and they still came off. I tried to take the ones apart that came out good and couldnt get them apart. I really think the plugs are deffective from the get go. I even put the good ones in a vice and couldnt get them apart without destroying them. All had about the same amount of carbon build up and none were difficult to back out. Oh well, at least its over and I have a supercharged stang again.
Wow... At just 10 lb-ft? That's just sad. Are you putting in a set of HT0s?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow... At just 10 lb-ft? That's just sad. Are you putting in a set of HT0s?
HT0's are already in, we dont have much of a choice for plugs right now. The HT0's are what Brenspeed sells in their kit so I trust that they will be ok.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
HT0's are already in, we dont have much of a choice for plugs right now. The HT0's are what Brenspeed sells in their kit so I trust that they will be ok.
They're good plugs. You just need to keep an eye on them for fouling. Colder plugs foul quicker. If you find they do, you might need to switch to an HT1 (as long as you can do so without any detonation).

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I have been running HT0's with no issues for a year and a half. No blow out no nothing. They have been perfect for me. Gapped at .28

G

·
I want to put a few easy miles on it 1st to make sure everything is good. I'll probably put her on a dyno in a couple weeks. I'm hoping for between 450rwhp and 475rwhp.

Congrats on the install. I hope you have some better luck at teh dyno than i did I only pulled off 405RWHP but it makes it all up at the track!!
And I totally agree with you on the install A big big pain... The bypass, and there hoses was the worst part of it lol Good luck with the car youll like it!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.