Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the TMS site, and wanted to get my AFM friends' opinions too:

Anyone out there familiar with the Paxton NOVI 2200 S/C? In doing my due-diligence on what S/C I want to go with, someone recommended this one. Any information on installation, quality, performance, reliability, etc. is much appreciated. Thanks folks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
well I have the vortech kit (sister kit) and it is great.Great drivability,i have had no issues whatsoever and I definately recommend it.The car is as docile as stock under normal driving cond., but when you romp on it wow!,,,she really comes alive.if you decide you want to get one,let me know as I am sure I can get you the best price on a kit from my friends shop in L.A.He did all my work,is a master dealer for Vortech (does alot of their personal show cars) and will take care of you if you tell him I referred you.We have been friends for years and he does great work.Send me a PM if you need help:worship :laughlitt

\Chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
loudog said:
I posted this on the TMS site, and wanted to get my AFM friends' opinions too:

Anyone out there familiar with the Paxton NOVI 2200 S/C? In doing my due-diligence on what S/C I want to go with, someone recommended this one. Any information on installation, quality, performance, reliability, etc. is much appreciated. Thanks folks.
I had a Paxton Novi 2200 with Charge cooler installed in my 05 Mustang. The Diablo programmer and chip sucked!! Ran way to lean!! The shop change the chip to the XCalibrator 2. I also changed the exhaust from headers back with cats and H-pipe from Magna-Flow. I had it dyno'd and it ran 430 RWHP in an automatic. I have had no problems. It rips both 2nd and 3rd gear. Good luck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Joemax...I am going to go with the NOVI 2200 after getting some other positive feedback. I am also an Xcalibrator fan, and might just upgrade to the X2 for this mod just for the reason you mention. I will also have dyno time available for the upgrade, so a custom tune will definitely be in order. I appreciate your feedback!

Joemax said:
I had a Paxton Novi 2200 with Charge cooler installed in my 05 Mustang. The Diablo programmer and chip sucked!! Ran way to lean!! The shop change the chip to the XCalibrator 2. I also changed the exhaust from headers back with cats and H-pipe from Magna-Flow. I had it dyno'd and it ran 430 RWHP in an automatic. I have had no problems. It rips both 2nd and 3rd gear. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts