Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2007 mustang deluxe V6 Automatic. 101,000 miles

So here's the deal. I put a fuse in 56 and it immediately popped. After it immediately popped, the car would not start all. The lights and everything come on. On the dash everything works like it should, so I hooked up the computer diagnostics, and I now have 32 codes in the SJB and I can't read the ECM at all.

It doesn't make any sense, so I replaced the SJB and replace the ECM. It’s still at the Ford dealership they can't program it, because they can't read the ECM.

History on the car:
So the car used to be a show car before I got it. It had 13 TVs in it and all kinds of crazy hokey wiring. When I got the car, there was no stock radio in it. There was no radio at all apparently. Somebody stole the aftermarket radio, and sound system that was in it, when this happened.

I found the original stock radio and I put it back in the car. There was no power to it, so I put a fuse in #56 under the hood, and that's how I got to where I'm at.

The car ran perfectly before this. When I put key in everything comes on when I turn the key to start nothing happens, no click or anything.

Obviously there's some kind of short, or something somewhere. I just I don't even know where to start looking. Help please!

Has anyone ever had any kind of problem like this before? I'm at a loss!

·
Administrator
8,160 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Someone will be along shortly with advice.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,807 Posts
2007 mustang deluxe V6 Automatic. 101,000 miles

So here's the deal. I put a fuse in 56 and it immediately popped. After it immediately popped, the car would not start all. The lights and everything come on. On the dash everything works like it should, so I hooked up the computer diagnostics, and I now have 32 codes in the SJB and I can't read the ECM at all.

It doesn't make any sense, so I replaced the SJB and replace the ECM. It’s still at the Ford dealership they can't program it, because they can't read the ECM.

History on the car:
So the car used to be a show car before I got it. It had 13 TVs in it and all kinds of crazy hokey wiring. When I got the car, there was no stock radio in it. There was no radio at all apparently. Somebody stole the aftermarket radio, and sound system that was in it, when this happened.

I found the original stock radio and I put it back in the car. There was no power to it, so I put a fuse in #56 under the hood, and that's how I got to where I'm at.

The car ran perfectly before this. When I put key in everything comes on when I turn the key to start nothing happens, no click or anything.

Obviously there's some kind of short, or something somewhere. I just I don't even know where to start looking. Help please!

Has anyone ever had any kind of problem like this before? I'm at a loss!
What is fuse 56 designated for?
What codes are in the SJB and how are you reading them?
Is there any power to the USB port?
Has communication, power, or both been lost with the PCM?
I would say that wiring diagrams needs to obtained for this 2007 and you need to pay someone to go thru the wiring to find where the short is. It could be quite time consuming. The dealer should be able to do this but you may have a better shot at a car stereo installer shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts