Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Ford Racing ProCal tool.

When you buy the ProCal tool they send you an air filter and a sheet of paper with instructions on how to "request a calibration tool (ProCal Tool)" online.

Its not rocket science, but I'm finding a way to #@! it up. Anyway, I filled in the form with address, password, voucher ID, VIN #, yada yada...

I need to tell them my "PCM Part Number." What is it, where do I find it?

Anybody know?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
open the hood and it should be right on the in front of you on the left. thats the computer right there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...on the left near the firewall, or on the left at the front of the car?

Is the number right there visible or do I need to take anything a part to get a look at it?

Sorry for the stupid questions. My owner's manual is in the car. I live downtown and park the car in a garage space--a 30 minute ride away on my motorcycle. Yes, it sucks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
So when you order the Procal tuner then you have to wait on the piece of paper to get shipped to you, fill it out and then wait again on them to ship you the Procal? That sucks, wonder why they don't do it online when you order?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
@SFCoyote

The tool will come with a SD card, the card is not installed in the device... save the info on the card before you put it in the ProCal Tool... Once you plug the Tool to the connection under the steering wheel and the tool boots up, it reads the card saves it to the tool then deletes the information on the card... If you ever have issues, you can copy the info back to the card and you will not have to call FRPP and hear their lecture on using a different device other than the ProCal tool to program your PCM…

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and this is why the forums are helpful. Those pics helped a ton.

Thanks everyone for your help.

ford racing power pack has been installed...finding the pcm numbers might have been the hardest part! haha.

btw, I'm really liking the ford racing power pack upgrade...I'd totally recommend it. More on that on another thread hopefully.

Big thanks to Tousley Ford in MN--great customer service, great price, and sent everything to me right away.

·
Registered
644 Posts
and this is why the forums are helpful. Those pics helped a ton.

Thanks everyone for your help.

ford racing power pack has been installed...finding the pcm numbers might have been the hardest part! haha.

btw, I'm really liking the ford racing power pack upgrade...I'd totally recommend it. More on that on another thread hopefully.

Big thanks to Tousley Ford in MN--great customer service, great price, and sent everything to me right away.
can you notice the claimed low end power?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed a difference. Its been raining almost constantly where I'm at so I haven't had too much opportunity to stand on the throttle...but I've noticed a difference. I accidentally went sideways leaving my girlfriend's apartment complex. The pavement was wet and I didn't do a 180, I caught it, but I totally didn't mean to slide the rear end out. The claim of more tq down low seems to be real to me. Throttle response feels better too. I like that the skip shift was eliminated. The sound of the axleback mufflers are perfect to me (ie not too loud, just loud enough).

I see the point of going with something like the bama tune, cai, re-doing the exhaust, eliminating the cats, etc. Go big with at least 40+hp or why bother doing anything at all? I get that.

I went the Ford Racing route for two reasons--it seemed a little bit safer to me. With the horror stories of cylinder 8, ticks, a car burning up, etc a baby step was good enough for me...Second reason: I just figured I'd give it a few years before I go for something big. And when I do decide to go big, I'll go big with a supercharger...maybe. Do I really need 500+hp? haha

This will do fine for right now. I'm happy. I didn't spend an arm and a leg. The car was ludicrisly fast out of the box. Now it feels even better. By my measure it's worth it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree, I went the same route and even my said the car is faster. Best $308 ive spent lately.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
LOL I was looking through this thread and I was like... that looks like our 2011 engine bay... wait a minute.. that IS our 2011 engine bay!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
LIKE !! on that ZEX Nitrous setup .... Any details on it anywhere in the Forum ... ???
That's the Zex wet system for the 2011. Originally it was a nozzle system with the C&L Prototype intake on the picture above. Since, we've started using the Nitrous Express nozze system, and then moved to the NX plate system, with a Boss intake manifold and L&M throttle body.

The bracket was a heat shield that I designed back at Tillman Speed to fit the 05-09 JLT CAI's that was black powdercoat and sturdy. We found that it was a really good size, so we cut it, and used it as a mount for the control box.

·
Registered
937 Posts
LOL I was looking through this thread and I was like... that looks like our 2011 engine bay... wait a minute.. that IS our 2011 engine bay!
It is yours. The link to your website is right under the pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts