Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PCM Sticker Code on a 2008 Mustang Bullitt

6K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Cusp 
#1 ·
Does any one know or can find out what is on the PCM sticker of a 2008 Bullitt?

These codes were taken out of a Ford part catalog for a 2008 GT with a manual transmission.

PSP1
RYA1
VBV1
MTZ0

When I did a search of PCM part numbers for Bullitt, I came up with 4 possiable choices. One of them is the code of my 2008 GT. And none of them were marked as for the Bullitt only.

The overlaying question I am trying to answer is....

Is the PCM really any different in the Bullitt vs the 2008+ GT and if not, could a Bullitt calibration be used in a GT with the FRPP Bullitt CAI enabling it to use the adaptive octane feature talked up specifically for the Bullitt but eluded too for any 2008+ GT.

G
#3 ·
PCM Code Location and codes

Hi Cusp,

PCM sticker should be a small white label on top of computer processor under hood. Each Mustang has a specific PCM code for that car, it relates to many items, including cars transmssion, rear gears, tire size, timing tables, engine, etc. As there are manufacturing changes mid year. Check our website and scroll down thru '05-'09 GT CAI/SCT Tuner to see exactly where PCM code is located and all the possible codes are listed as well.

ken

#4 ·
I know where the sticker is thanks. What I am attempting to learn is if the PCM in the Bullitt is different than what is in the GT. I know the map is different. I had to ask because, I can't find a PCM in a parts catalog which is labeled as being for a Bullitt even though I used Bullitt as a key word. One of the hits returned the same code as my GT has. So I am wondering what code(s) does a Bullitt have?

G
#5 ·
My bad, I understand what you are asking now. Everything I have found says it's a calibration and that would make a lot of sense, because I can't see ford putting a different pcm module on a bullitt. I kept trying to find if all 2008 mustang gt's had adaptive spark but the only other one I found was on the california special. Sorry, I misunderstood you the first time. Send in the experts.

#7 ·
Thanks for your reply.
I could not find any difference based on part numbers and an article on Fords web site which implied that the adaptive spark was new for the 2008 GT and not exclusive to the Bullitt.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.