Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I put a procharger on my '90 and now I am blowing the pcv valve out of the engine. I put a oil breather on thinking it would help but so far, no. I am pushing 12# of boost on the procharger. Any ideas on how to keep it from coming out when I stand on it? It only comes out when I am REALLY jumpin on it. I know the obvious...stay off of it, but I bought it FOR THAT REASON! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well, what kind of condition are the piston rings and valve guides in? If you just threw a supercharger with 12 pounds of boost on a high-mileage motor, yeah, it's gonna have some issues from the internals being worn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the motor and car only has 70,000 on it, and had never been beat on by the original and previous owner. I can't see the guts being too bad off, but looking wouldn't hurt either.
thanks. I will also check the rubber.

·
Banned
96 Posts
When you installed the SC, did you remove the hose running between the Throttle Body and the Filler Neck on the passenger side valve cover???????

:wavey

·
Registered
621 Posts
When you installed the SC, did you remove the hose running between the Throttle Body and the Filler Neck on the passenger side valve cover???????

++++:bigthumbsup

Good suggestion. If he left the connection between a high pressure area and the engine internals, he will have full boost inside the crankcase, valve covers, and lifter galley. That can be bad news for seals with more than a few pounds boost. Vent it all to the outside, don't use positive crankcase ventilation unless you aren't running much boost.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.