Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Performance Chip on ebay that says "100+ Horse Power and 30 MPG" for 20 Dollars does this seem like its possible?

·
Registered
415 Posts
It is just an 89 cent resistor that you put in your mass air flow plug that fools the system into thinking you have more air coming in then you really do. If you do a search on here, you will find several threads disclaiming them. Spend your money on a good Cold Air Intake system. Then you will get true HP and gas mileage gains.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
It is just an 89 cent resistor that you put in your mass air flow plug that fools the system into thinking you have more air coming in then you really do. If you do a search on here, you will find several threads disclaiming them. Spend your money on a good Cold Air Intake system. Then you will get true HP and gas mileage gains.

it also changes the mass air flow temp thinks the air is colder

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
100HP for 20 bucks? If it said 1hp for 20 bucks..then i might believe it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yep, that's exactly how they sucker you in.

You could buy a blower for $3000-$6000 and get 100hp, or you can buy their super duper special part for just $20.

:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Buy 5 of them and get 500 HP and 150 MPG!!!!!

Frank

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha hey I was just asking I haven't looked for any performance upgrades it's still just a little baby. It's a stock v6 but I think it looks good haha I'm more of an visual upgrader now I have to learn .so performance chips don't work at all damn linda a spirit breaker

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Haha hey I was just asking I haven't looked for any performance upgrades it's still just a little baby. It's a stock v6 but I think it looks good haha I'm more of an visual upgrader now I have to learn .so performance chips don't work at all damn linda a spirit breaker
Spend some time in the 2005+ sections and you'll quickly find what works and what doesn't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.