Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son bought a 1997 Mustang with a v-6. He saw these performance computer chips on e-bay or something. I don't know anything about them. I told him he would be better off with a cold air intake and a new high flow exhaust if he wants a little more performance. Are these chips safe to put in your car do they alter the longevity of the motor in anyway. Is it better to just go the other way.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
buckmaster1 said:
My son bought a 1997 Mustang with a v-6. He saw these performance computer chips on e-bay or something. I don't know anything about them. I told him he would be better off with a cold air intake and a new high flow exhaust if he wants a little more performance. Are these chips safe to put in your car do they alter the longevity of the motor in anyway. Is it better to just go the other way.
no, they're not safe!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
they are bogus, and confuse th computer to think one thing and do another. They change the air intake temperature to 32 degrees constant, even if the air if warmer or colder the car always thinks it is 32degrees, hence Kscoyote said not safe.

·
Registered
196 Posts
they are indeed crap, if you want a chip I would go with an SCT chip, will cost you around two and a half bills though, but they are the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.