Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 92 HO 5.0 Engine. I did a distributor tune up when i bought the car 22, 000KM ago. New stock plug wires, cap and rotor, and autolite plugs.

Was curious if a set of msd plug wires would improve my performance, or if a blaster coil would do me any good?

let me know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am still curious about any performance gains i may get from MSD components. I know the deliver a stonger spark/less spark loss... but is it worth the money on my stock engine??

Let me know please... Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I doubt you will notice any real performance gains. The engine will probably run smoother. But if you intend on doing some other mods, it will be worth it to get the most out of your money.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
a higher voltage coil really isnt necessary for lightly modded motors. in theory, the more powerful coil creates a stronger current with less diffusion as it makes it way through the distributor and rotor and wires to the plugs. this kind of ignition power isnt really necessary for cars like yours or mine. the point behind them is for cars that are modded so heavy, and run with such a heavy lope (hard cam idle) that they actually NEED that much ignition power to just keep the car running while not on it. you dont need that stuff right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.