Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what performance heads are the best ??? I stumbled upon some patriot stage 2 heads how good are they should i just sell and get some trick flow ...i got the patriot heads for 600 got a deal on them they were in a car only used 4 to 6k car was wrecked any info on them would greatly help thanks in advamced

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
^ Trying to get to 50 posts, huh? Heavy Metal will catch you ;)

OP, I have heard Patriot Heads can be hit or miss on quality....I think they are worked over stock castings (Porting/Polish, etc), I could be wrong. You could have a machine shop look them over to make sure they look ok. As far as gains,they won't be anything near the TF heads, obiosuly, but I would think you would see a decent gain over stock. It would really help to add cams in the mix to take advantage of the porting...

I would always recommend the TF heads if you can afford them...but they are pricey.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks for the info yeah i got them cheap thats why i was looking if it was worth installing them....Okay so i should go with tf but 38cc or 44 cc whichh is better

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Depends on what you want your compression ratio to be. Are you just installing heads or are you doing pistons and such as well? It's more of a question to ask yourself vs asking us. We can guide you in the right direction or give you advice but we need more info.

As far as the TFS heads go they will always outflow the PI and NPI heads. Just not worth the price for the gain you will see on a small bore block. 3.700 big bore block yes they are worth it. Now I'm just speaking in the "bang for your buck" situation. If you got the money to throw at it then yeah TFS heads hands down.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
The you're not going to see much extra benefit from the TF on a mild street engine.

Now if you're going boosted shooting for 600+ rwhp or if you're building a max effort NA motor with 13:1 compression and E85 then that would be different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im trying to go the fastest i can on pure motor... then i might go turbo or sc but as of now im trying to buy the best parts i can and drive the car with future upgrades in mind, and not being stuck, on i should of bought the better or bigger part out there

·
Registered
4,991 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Im trying to go the fastest i can on pure motor... then i might go turbo or sc but as of now im trying to buy the best parts i can and drive the car with future upgrades in mind, and not being stuck, on i should of bought the better or bigger part out there
Cheaper and more power to do a SC now on a stock motor and get 400 rwhp, then later if you want more then build a forged motor with TF heads and crank up the boost and make 600+hp.

Because no sense pulling your motor apart now for heads & cams to make 300-350 rwhp, if you're just going to build another motor anyways when you want to go past 400rwhp.

But yes the TF heads are better than any ported stock heads. If it's enough better to justify spending nearly 4x what you have into the patriots..... well you'll just have to decide that yourself.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Trick flow is gonna be the number 1 choice but patriot heads are a nice upgrade. They are just ported stocks but still a nice upgrade over stock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts