Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know if there is any advantage or any at all in replacing the Sixers with performance ignition wires and iridium spark plugs?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey Stally...I posted a similar question re the wires a couple of weeks ago and got the following answer, courtesy PCFrisch...hope this helps...

Claims of Horsepower Gain

Every brand of spiral conductor ignition wires will perform the function of conducting coil output to the spark plugs, but NONE, despite the claims made in advertisements and other promotional literature, will increase horsepower. Independent tests, including a test performed by Circle Track Magazine (see May, 1996 issue) in the USA, show that NO "low-resistance" ignition wires for which a horsepower increase is claimed do in fact increase horsepower - the test also included comparisons with solid metal and carbon conductor ignition wires.
http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/truth.htm

·
Registered
172 Posts
Personally I don't hold a lot of stock in tests performed by automotive magazines. Most magazines typically generalize their tests by limiting what they test. They also tend to only test one or two configurations out of a much larger sample of options. Does this say they aren't accurate? No... just that they are statistically accurate given a limited sampling.

If changing out the plugs and wires is something that interests you... so long as you're not looking for this change to add much, if any, HP... I'd say go for it!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Its a waste of cash until you get at least 75k or more on the car. The factory stuff is fine unless you plan on a power adder, then you will need different heat ranged plugs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. so I guess this is a no go then.

·
Registered
121 Posts
...and you've got that sweet MAC radiator cover, don't you? that thing looks really sharp. i put on the JBA blue cables myself. i wanted to go with a color that i haven't seen too much of.

·
Registered
111 Posts
blackhawk 9 said:
...and you've got that sweet MAC radiator cover, don't you? that thing looks really sharp. i put on the JBA blue cables myself. i wanted to go with a color that i haven't seen too much of.
Thanks! I bet the blue ones look great :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts