Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy a performance chip from jetchip.com and they offer a few different things. my question is should i get all these parts or will one thing do all of them? The parts are: Jet ford mudule(auto transmission), performance programmer, and the power shift. If you go the website and put in 1998 mustang GT amd look at the descriptions they look like they kinda overlap each other in the sense that they all work on similar things. so if anybody can clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Stay away from that crap, because that's what it is.

If you want a tune, get an SCT X3 or SF3

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was looking to buy a performance chip from jetchip.com and they offer a few different things. my question is should i get all these parts or will one thing do all of them? The parts are: Jet ford mudule(auto transmission), performance programmer, and the power shift. If you go the website and put in 1998 mustang GT amd look at the descriptions they look like they kinda overlap each other in the sense that they all work on similar things. so if anybody can clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated.
That is total BS buy a handheld tuner (SCT) way better investment.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Hand-held tuner gives you the flexibility to modify your tunes anytime, with the chip, you'll have to send it back and get it re-tuned(when you decide to add future mods that require retuning)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with the hand held tuner can you adjust your speedo if youve upgraded gears? im puting 4.10s in mine and it will throw it off. can i fix it with the sct tuner?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Yes, it's as easy as a couple clicks, no thought necessary. You go into gear ratio, select your gear ratio, and the handheld puts in the proper parameters for that gear ratio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.