Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order my car and want to know if the pp worth it. or should I wait for better aftermarket parts. as they will most likely be better than what I could get from the factory and upgrade then.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Based on what aftermarket parts you install, you may have warranty issues. The factory pp would be the way I would go on a brand new car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I second that opinion. Another reason, is that the factory performance parts will add value to the vehicle (look at 60's muscle cars) instead of reducing it (like many aftermarket parts do). Whether you are only planning on keeping for a few years or holding on until its a collector, that added value will be nice.

Unless you are going for a pure drag car that will require all sorts of mods, stay with the factory upgrades.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Agree^^^^ plus, for what the factory gives you it is really difficult to match the price in the aftermarket world (typically more $)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agree with what everyone says... For what Ford charges for the Performance Package installed it's well worth every penny. The Brembo brakes alone are worth the $2,495 they charge for the whole package.
I would assume it would cost me substantially more if I had to buy and add each part myself versus picking it up from the factory already installed.

J.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the PP if only for the wheels and the larger front valance int worth it. The brakes sway bars and radiator are just perks IMHO. But seriously for $2400 how can you lose?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
As has been said, the Performance Package is not only cheaper than aftermarket, but it will also be in place when you take delivery.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts