Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have seen alot of posts on gears, gear changes, etc., but haven't seen any performance differences posted. Here is the performance difference between my GT with 3.31's (automatic transmission) and with 4.10's. I just got the 4.10's installed last week. There was no changes to the car other than the gearing. I used the same tune, same test place, and air temp was the same (both in the 60's). Both runs did NOT have any traction problems. I launched the car the same way, and both runs were N/A.

3.31's 1/4 mile ET 13.589 @ 103.24 mph
60 foot 2.195
330 foot 5.876
1/8 mile 8.899 @ 83.13
1000 foot 11.481
0-60 mph 5.175

4.10's 1/4 mile ET 13.136 @ 107.40
60 foot 2.083
330 foot 5.619
1/8 mile 8.522 @ 86.13
1000 foot 11.030
0-60 mph 4.608

Difference is 4.5 tenths (.450):happyhapp

Bad news is I tried the same test on 100 hp NOS. Could not get any meaningful results because traction now with the 4.10s out of the hole on N20 is NON EXSISTENT!!:sosad: That being said, my mph did go up to 113.06. I guess now I need better rear tires...maybe some nittos or bfg drag raidials.....i tell ya...it never ends.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Wow that's a huge difference :laughlitt

I'm thinking of getting the 3.73s because of the mileage I'd probably get. By the way, how's the 4.10 mileage? Also, if anyone has times on the 3.73s that would be awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ran260gt said:
Was 13.5 your stock time !

And 4.5 tenths with just 4.10`s , thats great:thumbsup !
NO, that was with an MMR intake, jba axle backs, and a sct tune. But for the test, I kept everything exactly the same except for the rear gears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06GTee said:
Wow that's a huge difference :laughlitt

I'm thinking of getting the 3.73s because of the mileage I'd probably get. By the way, how's the 4.10 mileage? Also, if anyone has times on the 3.73s that would be awesome.
I am running that test now.....with my driving habits, my mileage with the 3.31's varied between 280 to 310 miles, depending how "normal" I drove. We will see in a couple of days how the mileage was effected and I will post that to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
psfracer said:
I guess now I need better rear tires...maybe some nittos or bfg drag raidials.....i tell ya...it never ends.....
you had stock tires, i can smoke my tires launching with the 4:10's. how could you have no traction prob.'s with stock tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never said I had stock tires, I said I need BETTER tires. Look in my gallery, presently I have 255/45/18 continentials.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
psfracer said:
I never said I had stock tires, I said I need BETTER tires. Look in my gallery, presently I have 255/45/18 continentials.....
I WOULD STILL STINK 255'S WOULD LOOSE TRACTION
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
psfracer said:
Hey everyone,

Bad news is I tried the same test on 100 hp NOS. Could not get any meaningful results because traction now with the 4.10s out of the hole on N20 is NON EXSISTENT!!
Even with better tires you might want to consider a first gear lockout for your NOS.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top