Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good Mod Shop

Looking for the same thing as O.P. Need a good knowledgeable shop for doing mustang work and installing mods. Looking for that shop where everyone talks cars all day long, and knows their sh*t. No matter where i take my car to, when i start talking mods the mechanic doesnt even know what some of them are.

Anything here in utah, hopefully close to ogden?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cnsfugate finally found one and referred me.

Premier Performance.

Owner is also operator and am pleased so far with knowledge and service.

Had them install My Dss Driveshaft, J&M Extreme Joint lca and BMR Adj. Panhard bar.

His name is Brock, tell him shad with the yellow gt referred you and he will hook you up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
After using the shop for some installs, I ended up having a rattle start from the front of my car. Drove back down there to get the mgw shortshifter installed and asked them to figure out rattle since it sounded like the tire was attempting to rattle off over bumps.

After 2 hrs the MGW was installed for 200$, and they told me the front control arms bushings were the problem and quoted me a price for replacement parts around 200$, but they were closing at time so had to drive back home (90 min away) with the car still rattling like that.

Took it into Goodyear today where my buddy Chet is the service manager for a second opinion (Always get one!). After 45min they called me and told me control arms look fine, it was a link pin nut that had come loose and fallen off along with the washer, and they were done with that and throwing a fuel filter on there for me. Cost me 21.50 total for parts and labor and fixed the problem completly.

The mods that were done on my car havent given me any problems, but overlooking something that was such a quick and easy fix to sign me up for 200 in labor along with 200+ for the control arms doesnt really inspire confidence for a return trip. I also asked repeatedly about getting the entire stock shifter back when they swapped it over (since a couple people on here had asked about getting it) but still only had the knob when I got home (screaming baby didnt give me a chance to check trunk) .

Any suggestions of other Speed Shops in Utah near the Ogden area are welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts