Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 octane performance tune on my car, and I'm wanting to install my cold air intake. However, before I do that I need to replace my battery terminals cause they are all corroded and rusted. Naturally, I'm going to have to have my car battery unhooked for a bit to do this. I'm thinking the answer is "no," but will this reset my car's computer or anything? I'm just wondering if it is going to undo the performance tune that I did (my SCT tuner has since been destroyed by my mother's dog on an unfortunate trip home for Thanksgiving).

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
the tune is burned sorta say in to the computer, you wont loose it.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Like 05Horse says it's already programmed into your computer, so unless you replace it with the stock tune you won't lose it. And if I were you, I would buy another tuner. You can find them cheap on eBay, but beware make sure it's unlocked with enough changes left on it. If you have to, where it says ask the seller a question. Ask him to scroll the tuner down to device info, then ask him to take a photo of the screen. With a digital camera you can have him date the photo, you definetly want to see what's on the screen. Reason being, if it's locked you'll have to send it to SCT to get it unlocked. And the last I heard the fee was $150, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.