Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loved the Mustang from childhood. My aunt got the first one in 66 from my great uncle who worked at the Stuart, Va Ford dealership.
It was a white notch with red interior, 289 auto, red pin stripe. It was comfortable for 4 people and a dog on a trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I remember kids pointing excitedly at it and making a fuss because it was one of them!
My Dad got his first one in 68 when he inherited a little money. It was a 65 GT fastback with the console, rally pack, 289 HiPo and 4 speed top-loader.
It was gold with black trim and it was the greatest car in the world to me. I was 10 and never got to drive it. He traded it for a 70 LTD in 70. Big Mistake!
He and I restored another 65 fastback in
75 and I got him a 71 notch for my little sister in 80 when i was stationed in Goldsboro NC.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought my first Stang in 81 when I got out of the service. A 79 Cobra with a 302 @ 175 hp, 4 speed srod, no air. Yellow and black, black vinyl interior. No snake on the hood, but a big beautiful fake scoop.
I ran with the 60's Camaros and other hotrods in the Viginia mountains and held my own with it, pulling the gearbox 11 times cause it sucked. But damn, was it fun!
I sold it when my first of 3 children was on the way.
I bought a 99 with the V6 and auto for my ex just before she left. It was ok but the auto sucked.
I have just now bought this 89 LX and I'm back home. I missed this and it is all running horse! Still stock down to the pipes, exept for the Pro5.0 shifter and a K&N drop in. It is a mountain road brawler!
I will really get to know this one before any mods, cause it's nearly perfect as it is.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When my father was 24 years old in 1970 he bought a 1965 Mustang notchback with a 289 V8 with a 2-barrel, 3 speed stick on the floor and single exhaust. It was white when he got it and then he had it painted orange. He tells me that is would pull quite well in second gear especially and that he was getting really good gas mileage out of it, as good as 27 mpg at times. He sold it in 1972 after he got married.

When I was 24 I bought my first Mustang in 1998 which I still have to this day, and plan on keeping. The coincidence was totally unintentional, but amusing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I fell in love with the mustang when I had to do a report on something that happened in the 60's back in high school.

i didnt know what to do it on but then i found out about the mustang and decided to go with that. As i did more research I liked the body styles so much I wanted to get a new one. Today i like all the mustang styles and I am a die hard ford fan. Today I own a 1990 5.0 LX vert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts