Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper wiring hook up for the Pretronix Ignitor kit for a 1966 289? Unit has been installed previously and ran great. However, after changing intake manifold gaskets and some detailing I did not take notice of the proper hook up and having some starting isssues. Could someone please confirm that the red wire from the pretonix kit and the black wire from the ing switch goes to the battery side of coil?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If the resister wire is installed, you should not use the coil battery terminal as a power source for the Pertronix. Unless someone has rewired something, the wire from the ignition switch should be red-green, not black. I had some issues wiring mine in because I have a Rally-Pac which necessitates retention of the resister wire. Here is that thread, which should answer all your questions.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/classic-tech/227175-ignitor-rally-pac-compatibility.html

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Joes 72/65.... Did you receive a PM from me asking you to confirm my understanding of your wiring configuration. I just wanted to make sure I understood the connection properly.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yes, and I sent a reply. Looking back at the diagram I drew, I can see where it could be confusing if you aren't well-versed in reading schematics, as I did not label the coil terminals. PM me again if you still did not get my reply.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Got it, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.