Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few photos from of my recent ZEX nitrous kit installation.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/zexnmu.jpg
This is the Nitrous Management unit. The instructions suggested mounting under the stock air box. I couldn't do that because of my C&L MAF CAI. I like it installed in the strut pillar better because it really shows of the steel braided hoses instead of hiding them.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/buttons.jpg
The button on the left is the purge jet/purge light activation. The other is the remote bottle opener. I've saved room for the bottle heater. When the brake lever is down they are totally accessable yet very inconspicuous.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/purgelight.jpg
My purge light and purge outlet. The light illuminates the nitrous purge cloud at night like it's Disneyland.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/bottle.jpg
My bottle. It evens out the weight in the back end a bit because the other side has my Shaker 1000 subwoofers. The loop of hose you see is all that was left after routing from the engine compartment. Notice the pressure gauge and remote bottle opener.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/zexinstall.jpg
This is a good picture of the big picture. Look at the purple components. You can see the Nitrous management unit with all the stell braided hoses coming out of it. You can see where the NMU injects fuel and nitrous into the incoming airstream at the the left. You can see where the the NMU gets fuel from the fuel rail at the top middle. ANd you can see the purge solenoid at the top right.

So far I LOVE this system and love the new HP and torque. I can't wait for the track to open again around here. I tries the 75 HP shot without change to my Predator tune that came with the C&L. I run the 91 octane tune. I retarded the spark 2 degree for the 100 shot and I've been driving on that for days now and my performance is fantastic. My new HT0 plugs really helped my high load performance as well as removing the heat the nitrous creates better.

Check out the Powr_Flo throttle body spacer, the C&L MAF intake and the Reline Tuning hood struts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,749 Posts
did you ever find out if the mastermind will work with that system, or an 05+ for that matter???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTNOS said:
did you ever find out if the mastermind will work with that system, or an 05+ for that matter???
I think I'd have to pretty much scrap the whole zex unit. I love the features of that thing but it looks a bit late now. If anyone thinks I'm wrong I'd love to hear that.
 
G

·
5twenty said:
Here are a few photos from of my recent ZEX nitrous kit installation.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/zexnmu.jpg
This is the Nitrous Management unit. The instructions suggested mounting under the stock air box. I couldn't do that because of my C&L MAF CAI. I like it installed in the strut pillar better because it really shows of the steel braided hoses instead of hiding them.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/buttons.jpg
The button on the left is the purge jet/purge light activation. The other is the remote bottle opener. I've saved room for the bottle heater. When the brake lever is down they are totally accessable yet very inconspicuous.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/purgelight.jpg
My purge light and purge outlet. The light illuminates the nitrous purge cloud at night like it's Disneyland.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/bottle.jpg
My bottle. It evens out the weight in the back end a bit because the other side has my Shaker 1000 subwoofers. The loop of hose you see is all that was left after routing from the engine compartment. Notice the pressure gauge and remote bottle opener.

www.nutt.us/2005mustang/zexinstall.jpg
This is a good picture of the big picture. Look at the purple components. You can see the Nitrous management unit with all the stell braided hoses coming out of it. You can see where the NMU injects fuel and nitrous into the incoming airstream at the the left. You can see where the the NMU gets fuel from the fuel rail at the top middle. ANd you can see the purge solenoid at the top right.

So far I LOVE this system and love the new HP and torque. I can't wait for the track to open again around here. I tries the 75 HP shot without change to my Predator tune that came with the C&L. I run the 91 octane tune. I retarded the spark 2 degree for the 100 shot and I've been driving on that for days now and my performance is fantastic. My new HT0 plugs really helped my high load performance as well as removing the heat the nitrous creates better.

Check out the Powr_Flo throttle body spacer, the C&L MAF intake and the Reline Tuning hood struts.
AS I said before, when I saw this instl on SpikeTv, I thought it rocked, for a juice setup. The purple is really nice.
Now get some headers, they stock "rust logs" look horrible!

Well done. Let us know your total $$ and the dyno results, you are going to dyno the whole setup, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
R3dF1r3 said:
Well done. Let us know your total $$ and the dyno results, you are going to dyno the whole setup, right?
I will let you know about dyno results as soon as I get them, hopefully within a couple weeks. I don't dyno every mod I make ($$$) but I will this one for sure, especially because it's running as well as it ever has. I am into this thing for at least $1200 because I got all the optional accessories.

I'm totally with you about the rust logs. But changing headers scares me a bit because it seems it's very difficult to get them installed due to not a lot of room. Have you done it? Easy or hard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Timing Retard

I've seen aftermarket iginitions (MSD Digital6) that automatically retard the timing when you spray. That way you don't need to run with your timing down 2* all the time. I have a Predator tune in my '02 GT I intend to keep and let the Digital6 work its magic. I'm told an upgraded ignition is a definate plus for nitrous fed beasts anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phibernaut said:
I've seen aftermarket iginitions (MSD Digital6) that automatically retard the timing when you spray. That way you don't need to run with your timing down 2* all the time. I have a Predator tune in my '02 GT I intend to keep and let the Digital6 work its magic. I'm told an upgraded ignition is a definate plus for nitrous fed beasts anyway.
it appears from the installation instructions that this is for single coil ignition systems, the new Mustang is coil-on-plug. I don't think this would work for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,570 Posts
Did the throttle body spacer add any noticeable gain? I'm a skeptic for that type of part, especially for the claim of 8+ HP.

Any proven experience from anyone with this type product would be helpful.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top