Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is there any way to identify PI Heads and Intake from the non PI's...i was told the motor in my 98 is stock but i have been around motors enough to know that the motor in my car is not stock to an extent and just wondering if it might be a PI setup.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The easiest way to tell a PI intake is, the front intake runner goes to the driver side. On a non PI the front runner goes to the passenger side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by runner you mean the black tube looking parts of the intake i guess you could say leads down to the port of the head?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is PI..which means PI heads too correct because PI intake wont fir stock head? i was curious because the car i just bought has alot of power to be a stock 98 with 4:10 rear end. havent ran quarter mile yet because we dont have many arounc NC but i do have a local 1/8 mile track i ran it at and pulled a 8.442 at 89mph on street tires spinnin through 3rd

R

·
0 Posts
no, not really as adding a PI intake to Non-PI heads is a pretty common thing.....if the engine was changed, there be a white sticker on the right cam cover that will aid in ID'ing the engine

R

·
0 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
ya' think:scratchchin....... nah:headscratch: I just need to get-out on the water and Fish:bigthumbsup this weather is making my head hurt;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.