Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone this is the first time on here hope i can find some info i need? i have a 98 gt black with cobra wheels lowerd 2 inchs cold air kit 00 rear end 3.73 gear eaton pos. the first ? is dose any have a oil problem mine has burned 2 qt of oil in 1100 miles but the thing is on smoke no leaks and dose it make a big improvment on the head swap?:?:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
S3C - welcome. Can't help much w/the oil problem but 2 qts in 1100 miles is an issue. How many miles on the car? You said you can see smoke? Happen all of a sudden? Broken piston ring?

The head swap, or stages of it (just the PI intake, or PI intake and cams) makes BIG difference in power and enjoyment. It does raise compression, requires premium fuel, and should be professionally tuned afterwards. The standard reference article on the swap is: http://www.bossracing.net/Tech Articles/PI Headswap/PI Head Swap page1.htm

G

·
If u wanna go the PI intake and PI cams route u will be very happy as well. I spent total maybe 200 on all the low mileage parts plus new gaskets, bolts etc and have prolly picked up 30 horses while i was at it. Very good upgrades for our car. :wavey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no smoke sorry thanks for the welcome. it has 78000 on the odomter but i have 17 inch wheels and a gear so it only has like 69000 on it i added cold air gear 17 inch cobra wheels cobra rr hood. i got 00 gt pi heads,cams,intake i am going to add to it soon. lowerd it 2 inch with steeda sport springs i will add pic soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.