Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 96 mustang gt i have a cracked intake and i want to put a pi intake on non pi heads will it clear my strut tower brace and hood i read some where i would have clearance problems

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thats one I have not heard (and don't know the answer, sorry). I remember seeing something on Livernois site about shaving the intake to fit PI-NPI adapters and keep hood clearance. I know the intake is longer from the flange to the bottom-it sits deeper in the valley. I'm thinking the head/intake flange to the throttle body flange is the same distance. If that's the case, it fits below the strut brace and should be no problem.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
The only clearance problem is with the bypass tube for the waterpump that sits under the intake. You'll have to swap it out with the PI piece, or just run heater hose and route it out of the way in order for the larger plenum on the PI intake to fit in the valley.

·
Registered
413 Posts
intake

I have the Livernois intake, its a nice piece, comes with the tube that Bullit is talking about, but it is costly, the adapter plates must be made of gold, but I really didnt want to use silicon to make it work right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.