Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
99% of the parts can be had in a kit from Parkwayford for about $1300. Labor will be alot if you can't do it yourself. I'm going to do it with a friend for hopefully next to nothing. I've heard about $1000 is the going rate, not sure. If you go by the flat time rate then your at like 26 hours to change head gaskets so give or take from that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I paid $950.00 for my PI swap. Most of my parts came from Jeg's & Summitracing. I also picked up 48hp/23tq at the wheels from the swap which will improve when I port the heads and install high lift cams.

Summitracing
Head kit p#M-6067-D46 $118.88
PI intake p#M-9424-P46 $189.95 Price matched 50Resto.com

Jeg's
PI Heads P#M-6049-P46 & M-6050-P46 $349.00ea price matched BuyFordRacing.com

I also bought a cam gear kit from VT Engines for 69.00 (some may not need it)
Plus there will be small items that will be needed from a newer GT (01-04)such as Thermostat housing and bolts, Upper Rad. Hose, Heater hose, pipe fitting in back of block near water pump, 4 upper timing cover bolts p#XR3Z-18B402-AA (2 left, 2 right), harmonic balancer bolt, cams bolts, waterpump gasket, Alt. bracket may have to be modified if you don't switch to a newer Alt., Intake gasket kit (head change kit doesn't come with intake gaskets) Try to research it as much as possible so that you are not chasing parts. It took over a week for my swap because we were waiting for parts to arrive that was needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.