Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to brag about here just getting a couple points across.

So me and the gf were out for a short cruise last night. Beautiful night out...cool and calm. We're driving down this one street and all of a sudden this 94ish mustang(coming the opposite direction) puts er in neutral and gives it a huge rev right when he's beside my unrolled window. I wasnt expecting it and of course like a punk kid he's got it str8 piped.:nogrinner So it startled me, the gf more so but anyhow. This wasnt the first time this kid has done this to me. So I was slightly annoyed. Flipped a u-ball and followed him to a stop sign. So I asked you wanna race. You'd think he would have put 2 and 2 together and realized the 3 gauges on the A pillar probably werent for show. So, we went outside of town TO AN ABANDONED STRETCH OF PAVEMENT...NO TRAFFIC AT ALL OUTSIDE OF TOWN(for the guys who are gonna say you shouldnt street race) go cry somewhere else please. No one here wants to hear it.

From a 40 roll I gunned it then let off to let him get ahead of me then went at it with no remorse. After, I stop to talk to talk to him and he asks what motor is in my car so I told him. He didnt stand a chance. Gotta say he was a good sport about it tho. I could have sandbagged this kid so bad...he wouldnt have known. ran him 2X then said a 3rd race for cash...I just wanted to teach him a lesson and hopefully he doesnt rev up beside my unrolled window again. Man thats annoying!

Its kinda funny cuz I used to be the same way when I got my first stang. Thought it was the fastest car in town and the louder the better. Although I never did rev up beside people. I always struck up conversation in a parking lot if I seen someone I figured I might of wanted to try to race. Asked about the car and decided from there.

So if youre a young guy or even old and dont know better, first mustang and reading this...pick on someone your own size and looks can be decieving. Don't be a tool and rev your car up whenever you see someone else with a mustang...or any other kind of car for that matter. Find them somewhere, strike up a conversation, ask about the car, and ask if theyd like to have a friendly race. Also...str8 pipes dont make your car fast, just annoying...especially when you rev it intentionally right in someones ear.

who's gonna be the first one to whine??? I have a couple guesses. hahahaha:nogrinner

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nice kills, and a good read. Thanks for sharing.

I hear ya on the loud Stangs. We also have a few in our area.
On one occasion I was a few cars behind an extremely loud New Edge Stang with super wide rear tires that popped and blew flames out of the exhaust tips when he took off. Next to me was his buddy in another New Edge. I commented that the flamer needed a good tune. He said, "Nah, that's how it's set up". I told him it looked fast. He said "Yeah, it's real fast."
A few blocks later I was able to line up against the flamer at a light. We went at it from a dig, and he quickly fell behind popping and flaming. I laughed so hard I almost wet my drawers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
U know u could of simply waved/reved back. I've had numorus stangs rev at me passing by its kinda like the wrangler wave. Just saying, u came off very, whats the best way to put this..... IGNORANT :gringreen

·
Registered
232 Posts
well as long as ur havin fun i guess

·
Registered
531 Posts
all stangs are family. i like racing the foreign asian cars and making them cry:yup:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
na, I dont rev my car like a sixteen year old with somethin to prove. u wanna wave, wave. This kid was saying my car is loud and fast...funny thing is, he hasnt reved at me since...just waves. germanlikker....who's the ignorant one now?

·
Banned
696 Posts
Hmmm. I'd still say it's you considering you stooped to the level of a child. Decided to take time out of whatever you were doing to CHASE him down so you could prove you were the "bigger man" because you have a TVS. Should you feel put in your place when someone with a Whipple beats down on you? How cool of you, you raced an N/A 2v and won.
Love how you're lecturing younger kids about how to drive their mustang when you acted like a complete highschooler.
Man next time a highschooler in a lifted mud truck or a stock 350Z or anything that's obviously slower than me revs at me I'll be sure to pump up the boost, mash the pedal and waste the gas to prove a point to someone not worth my time and that I'll never associate myself with. See how it sounds when you break it down?

Such hate for straight pipes when your car is probably not alot quieter. The note comes from the catalytic converter restriction or lack there of unless you choose to get an incredibly restrictive muffler.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man dont I feel dumb, seeing as how I pointed out I wasnt bragging, because there was nothing to brag about. REread original post if you must.

I get a kick outta "those guys":bigthumbsup always gotta be one or two of em kickin around.

Vash relax buddy. I'm sorry you took the post the wrong way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok, im NOT trying to stir stink up. Just throwing my pov out there. Now I don't know the manner in which that kid was revving, so im not defending him. However, not everyone who revs their engine is a punk kid trying to brag about how fast their car is. Im a Deputy Sheriff so id like to think im not a punk kid. My mustang had shorties, off road x pipe, flowmaster 40's, and a decent cam, so it was pretty loud. I don't have time to run everyone down to strike up a convo and street race. SO, if I see someone I think might be an automotive enthusiast, I gave a little blip of the throttle and a wave as if to say "greetings fellow enthusiast". I never bragged about how fast it was. In fact the countless times someone said "that sounds B.A. Is it fast?" My reply was "not really. Just sounds like it."

With that said, by the way you described it, that kid must've been pretty obnoxious if he startled you and your passenger. I ask you though, not to put every revver in the same boat as him. They may just be trying to show that they are an enthusiast. Something a simple wave doesn't do.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Also on the note of straight pipes, ive got em, im 16, does that make me a punk? No, cause i left me cats alone, might get some high flow cats one day but still, its pretty loud and if i gave it a nice hard rev id wake the neighbors no doubt, but sometimes its just a dang that stang/other car looks nice maybe if i rev he'll rev kinda thing.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yeah, there is a difference between blipping the throttle to say hey, and blasting the gas enough to startle you and your passenger. It was the OPs time, money and car...he can flip a U and do that if he wants. I probably would've kept on going, lol...I might have returned the noise, it really doesn't matter. Everyone is going to act differently. Most likely though, many of us would REact a similar way. I mean, if we are quietly enjoying a night cruise with the wife or gf...and someone intentionally hits us with some noise going by, and startles us...heck, no one could blame us for being annoyed. Again, what we do next is going to vary person to person...but who cares as long as things are kept safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts