Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, traded my 97 gt for a very very clean 89 gt. car has immaculate custom interior, looks very very good. only has 26,000 actual miles, half as many as my 97. has ported e7 heads, some kind of cam, bbk equal length headers, bbk h pipe, and dumped flows, full suspension, 3.73s, and its carbed, so i guess the motor is out of something else. anyway, this car screams, its faster than my 2000 gt and my 97 pi swapped gt hands down. no traction in first or second gear, and pull hard all the way to about middle of fifth before it starts dying off. i love fox bodies now lol, posting pics as soon as i get off work. guess my main question would be, why is this car so fast? any problem with a carbed 302 i should be worrying about? also has a tko 500 transmission, and second is a PITA sometimes, it just pops out. all in all its a very very fun car to drive:grinroll: only car ive had the just breaks loose when you punch it in second.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
If you traded a 97 GT for a true 26k mile '89 GT, you got one heck of a deal!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is actual miles, only a two owner car, clean car fax, and every record for anything ever done to the car. that's exactly what i thought! my car had upwards of 4xxxx actual miles, but was not as clean as this one is. never thought doing some trading would equal out to this!

·
Registered
313 Posts
alright guys, traded my 97 gt for a very very clean 89 gt. car has immaculate custom interior, looks very very good. only has 26,000 actual miles, half as many as my 97. has ported e7 heads, some kind of cam, bbk equal length headers, bbk h pipe, and dumped flows, full suspension, 3.73s, and its carbed, so i guess the motor is out of something else. anyway, this car screams, its faster than my 2000 gt and my 97 pi swapped gt hands down. no traction in first or second gear, and pull hard all the way to about middle of fifth before it starts dying off. i love fox bodies now lol, posting pics as soon as i get off work. guess my main question would be, why is this car so fast? all in all its a very very fun car to drive:grinroll: only car ive had the just breaks loose when you punch it in second.
Your car is the same year as mine! I think the fox is not going to weigh as much as your old mustang...thats one thing that makes foxbodies so popular is they are light weight....also....I have read ported e7 heads in the hand of the right person can flow pretty good numbers..and you have a bigger cam than stock....enjoy!

·
Registered
428 Posts
what kind/size carb do you have on it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edelbrock 600 carb, edelbrock performer intake. What should my fuel pressure be running? It's at 6 right now. Sometime I can get on it and it will die so I guess it's flooding out so I'm gonna adjust the carb a little tonight. And I hate not having a computer because I can't post pics off of my phone onto here:(

·
Registered
75 Posts
I highly beleave it it not 24k actual mile car the mods that are done are not done to a mustang with 24k miles on them the 89s had odometers that rolls back to zero after 99,999k miles or when that engine and probly that transmission was put in they reset the odometer as far as fuel pressure goes 6 is fine for what your running no more than 9 thow the best thing for you to buy now is a fuel pressure gauge that you can view while driving and a air to fuel ratio the wide bands gauge this will tell you if you get to lean or to rich in your fuel deliverance thease gauges are essential for carbed stangs they are a must if you ever want to throw some nos at it:smartass:

·
Registered
477 Posts
its easy to swap out clusters with favorable mileage...although you do have a carfax. i guess thats just hard to believe that gt has 24k original miles...i would believe it if you got it from a retiree. imo

good buy and sounds like an awesome car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts