Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up really early today to drive up to Bassani's shop in Anaheim, CA. Met up with Kurt one of the sales guys there. They were going to put the longtubes in a box, but I told them not to, because it wouldn't fit in the mustang lol.

A pic with the longtubes, o/r extensions and cats.

A pic of where the longtubes and extensions meet up. You can see it will be held together with V-band clamps. Just like how turbo kits are held together.

And the thick flange

·
Registered
298 Posts
hehe...have fun!....with the install:laugh:!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Impressive craftsmanship. I love V-band flanges, but I don't see any other ball flange or flex coupling to allow for movement due to engine torque. That could lead to excessive NVH or cracked welds due to fatigue. What does the mid pipe look like? Besides that possible issue, these look better than the other offerings I've seen.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe...have fun!....with the install:laugh:!
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it, but I'd rather do it myself than pay 600 bucks to have someone else install it. Just need a lift and some power tools. I'm hoping a local shop will let me use their lift.

Impressive craftsmanship. I love V-band flanges, but I don't see any other ball flange or flex coupling to allow for movement due to engine torque. That could lead to excessive NVH or cracked welds due to fatigue. What does the mid pipe look like? Besides that possible issue, these look better than the other offerings I've seen.
The craftsmanship is top notch. My buddy with the prototype system has had the exhaust on his car for 6 months so far and no cracks yet.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
So, your still going to be running cats with the longtubes to keep it legal? Like, attached to the end of the extenders? How does that work? Or were you just comparing the extenders to the Cats in that 1st pic?

Part of me hopes this is an ingenious way of getting around the lame Cali laws. I'm interested. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, your still going to be running cats with the longtubes to keep it legal? Like, attached to the end of the extenders? How does that work? Or were you just comparing the extenders to the Cats in that 1st pic?

Part of me hopes this is an ingenious way of getting around the lame Cali laws. I'm interested. :bigthumbsup
I was just comparing the extension and the cats. You can use either or not both. I'm also registered out of state, so the cali laws really don't apply to me :) I just like the sound and smell of a catted exhaust better. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I was just comparing the extension and the cats. You can use either or not both. I'm also registered out of state, so the cali laws really don't apply to me :) I just like the sound and smell of a catted exhaust better. :bigthumbsup
How bad do you think performance would suffer if you used the Cats instead of the extenders?

I wonder what that would sound like...Bassani Headers through the cats, into the X-pipe and out the axel-backs...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How bad do you think performance would suffer if you used the Cats instead of the extenders?

I wonder what that would sound like...Bassani Headers through the cats, into the X-pipe and out the axel-backs...
Ask 2011gt310.... it's loud as hell! LOL.

can i have them?
Dude, you already do. :gringreen

·
Registered
146 Posts
do you guys know if they'll fit the bassani x pipe?
if so , ill be ordering a set soon :gringreen

(i wrote to bassani, still waiting for a reply, hoping someone here would know)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you guys know if they'll fit the bassani x pipe?
if so , ill be ordering a set soon :gringreen

(i wrote to bassani, still waiting for a reply, hoping someone here would know)
They're made to fit the Bassani X-pipe.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i wonder what the gains are with longtubes over the stock shortys and o/r x pipe. for some reason i thought that you had an OR X swervo :shrug

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wonder what the gains are with longtubes over the stock shortys and o/r x pipe. for some reason i thought that you had an OR X swervo :shrug
Nope, just the Bassani X that attaches right after the cats.

·
Registered
146 Posts
swervo, let me know how you make out and if you can include pics it would be greatly appreciated. I think i'm just gonna bite the bullet and do it..

then go to Evolution performance for a little dyno time :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be installing it during our Shop day on the 26th, so there will be alot of cameras. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Even though you're registered out of state, If you installed the CAT converter adapters do you think it could pass a SMOG? I mean, the visual inspection would get you red-flagged, but wouldn't these CAT adapters filter out the gases same as the stock ones?

Lethel performance sells them for $360.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even though you're registered out of state, If you installed the CAT converter adapters do you think it could pass a SMOG? I mean, the visual inspection would get you red-flagged, but wouldn't these CAT adapters filter out the gases same as the stock ones?

Lethel performance sells them for $360.
Sorry I can't answer that question as I haven't put my car on the sniffer here in cali with the cats. They are illegal in cali too. Wish I could help you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts