Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger and bought a 2007 black gt automatic. 40,000 miles should I mod with Roush style, saleen style or Shelby.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Foose wheels

The car came with 20in foose wheels chrome. Should I keep these are they worth anything or try to get set of Roush wheels.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are them

Do you think they look on a mustang? Just not sure about the chrome and the ride of 20inch wheels

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think they look ok....as far as style. I like the Saleen front bumper more than the others, but the Shelby rear. Choose the things you like, its your Mustang now...make it yours!

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Do you think they look on a mustang? Just not sure about the chrome and the ride of 20inch wheels
i think those i linked look pretty darn stupid. I woun't have them even if they were free lol :heha:

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
most are fakes...see if they say "made in China" on the back

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Konck offs

Dang Chinese!This has got to stop!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wednesday is the big day

Pick up the new car Wednesday and I have been looking into some mods to do right away. I know most of you have already been down this road and can offer some valuable insight. Here's what I wanted to do. Any help is much appreciated. The car came from a 67 year old guy from California black automatic gt with a Roush rear spoiler and front fascia.

Cold air intake- Roush brand without any needed tune. Or jlt with a tune needed. The people at Roush say most of the increase others claim is unwarranted and at rpm range you are never really at anyways. Roush claims that there's will give all the increase over stock I could want and will be real happy with it. I say Roush because it has already a Roush spoiler and front fascia so I wanted to keep it in the same line if it makes sense.

Exhaust- it's stock now with rolled tips. I want more sound and increased performance but could do without the drone. I drove a 2007 with just straight pipes and it was ok for sound but ridiculous drone at 65. I know I can be as aggressive and remove the cats and add a tune to stop the check engine light and add X pipe and exit with straight back pypes bombs that have a little reasonator built in. Or leave the cats and stock h pipe and do a Roush muffler set up or similar flow master or borla, pypes axle back 4 in tips.

Gears- I wanted I thought to do 4.10 but after talking with most people they say no higher than 3.73 maybe 3.90. Later if I supercharge 4.10 would be ridiculous and only spin the tires.

Tuner- bama tuner? If I go with an aggressive cold air intake I will need a tuner or aggressive exhaust. Is a tuner the right way to go and which one.

Under drive pulley- after talking with Roush it is an ok mod will help but probably only worth about 5hp and if I supercharge later than don't bother know. Do they work and is it worth the install.

Rear window louvers- I notice the Roush ones have three little bolt markings which I like. Is there a big difference between the Roush originals or the American muscle kind.

Hid headlights- is there a cost effective way to upgrade the headlights and fog lights or just the bulb upgrade like zxe bulbs.

Stripes- wanted to do the fender hockey stripe like on the newer Roush cars. This car being black should I go with silver, metallic silver,dark silver or white and do I put any stripes on the hood and trunk and roof. I know this is a total personal choice. I will be removing the gt tags and replacing with Roush fender tags and rear deck lid.

Shifter- it's an automatic and was looking on American muscle website and they had the tci ratchet shifter video. Looks pretty cool but when I called them one guy said no go with b&m that these were not good feedback and then I called again and another person said they were reviewed positively.

Oil changes- should I start to run fully synthetic oil and which brand is best for these cars and viscosity.

Anyways this is a start of where I would like to go with this 40,000 mile black automatic gt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I bought an 08 gt Auto. I got the Steeda CAI with an sct x3 Bama Tuner. I really only notice any sort of power increase with it at higher rpms. However, the tuner really wakes up the auto transmission with much snappier shifts. I took off the stock mufflers and put on SLP Loudmouths. It sounds really good and I don't notice any drone at all. I also just upgraded to 4.10 gears and I say thats the most noticable upgrade so far. It pulls a lot harder through all gears and the higer rpm on the xway aren't too bad at all. my milage has been about 19 mpg combined and I drive almost 95% city roads. I started my car on oil changes with Royal Purple HPS oil and their oil filters. I never did the under drive pulleys, and I already have a racing stripe setup too. Mine came stock with HID headlights too. You will definitely enjoy your purchase!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts