Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some pics of ROUSH STAGE 3's being "Hooked up" with the "GOODS" :winks . This was taken today, as My car lot now has stage 3's creeping around! YESSS! I am a truly excited salesman at a large, well-known central FL dealership. If you would like more information, PLEASE feel free to call me. My contact info will be at the bottom. I work at one of the largest Roush dealerships in the country. Today the boys in the shop installed ROUSHCHARGERS in 2 mustangs. From stock, this brings the HP to 410BHP. (I believe this is measured in brake horsepower, but not completely sure). I can always take more pictures upon request, as I am always around 15 or more Roush's at any given time.:drool:

* If you would like pictures of the ROUSH's E-Mail me @ [email protected]
* If you are interested in owning a ROUSH, please call me @ (813) 777-2882

I love this tire-shreading beast,
Robert Quinn

:worshipJACK ROUSH, We sir, are not worthy! :worship

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
RavenUSAF said:
Got some pics of ROUSH STAGE 3's being "Hooked up" with the "GOODS" :winks . This was taken today, as My car lot now has stage 3's creeping around! YESSS! I am a truly excited salesman at a large, well-known central FL dealership. If you would like more information, PLEASE feel free to call me. My contact info will be at the bottom. I work at one of the largest Roush dealerships in the country. Today the boys in the shop installed ROUSHCHARGERS in 2 mustangs. From stock, this brings the HP to 410BHP. (I believe this is measured in brake horsepower, but not completely sure). I can always take more pictures upon request, as I am always around 15 or more Roush's at any given time.:drool:

* If you would like pictures of the ROUSH's E-Mail me @ [email protected]
* If you are interested in owning a ROUSH, please call me @ (813) 777-2882

I love this tire-shreading beast,
Robert Quinn

:worshipJACK ROUSH, We sir, are not worthy! :worship
You take those pics at Brandon Ford?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You have brake or rear wheel hp and you have crank or engine hp. Both terms are pretty self explanitory with engine HP always being the higher of the two. The reason is rear wheel hp takes into account the loss of power from the drivetrain and other small factors. Rear wheel is usually the more accurate HP for comparisons between vehicles.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Fleg said:
You have brake or rear wheel hp and you have crank or engine hp. Both terms are pretty self explanitory with engine HP always being the higher of the two. The reason is rear wheel hp takes into account the loss of power from the drivetrain and other small factors. Rear wheel is usually the more accurate HP for comparisons between vehicles.
Not quite right

Brake horsepower is a common term and refers to the power measured at the crankshaft using a "prony" brake. A prony brake was a simple lever that was connected to the crankshaft with a brake. As the brake was applied, the lever would deflect and power was indicated. Today we use dyno's and computers to do the same thing

brake horsepower
n. Abbr. bhp or b.hp.
The actual or useful horsepower of an engine, usually determined from the force exerted on a friction brake or dynamometer connected to the drive shaft.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
And we can get these on A plan right! :naughty

·
Banned
128 Posts
RavenUSAF said:
Today the boys in the shop installed ROUSHCHARGERS in 2 mustangs. From stock, this brings the HP to 410BHP. (I believe this is measured in brake horsepower, but not completely sure). I can always take more pictures upon request, as I am always around 15 or more Roush's at any given time.
Now are those numbers according to what Roush says on their install instructions?

Or did you do a Dyno run and then tuned the car with a programmer to reflash the computer and get the correct air to fuel ratio.

How much is this power adder?

·
Registered
171 Posts
there's a little more info over at the roush site on the blower kit itself. $5700 :eyebulge: and also not for legal sale for pollution-controlled vehicles

G

·
I really get tired of the paranoid manufacturors putting this disclaimer on everything they make including radio billet knobs. This is a joke. I mean, Saleen S/C is same concept (pos displmnt twin screws) and they can do it. It is fine if you keep your cats.

·
Registered
196 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
I really get tired of the paranoid manufacturors putting this disclaimer on everything they make including radio billet knobs. This is a joke. I mean, Saleen S/C is same concept (pos displmnt twin screws) and they can do it. It is fine if you keep your cats.
When the manufacturers look out of their windows they see an ocean filled with sharks aka lawyers. Kill em all is and has been a great idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, taken @ Brandon Ford... great dealership! I am in LOVE with the place, as I am in constant company with the ponies and great people ALL DAY LONG! The specs were passed along via hearsay, but I assure you the minute that thing is put on a dyno (might have happened already), Ill let you know the outcome. Luckily, there is a dyno right across the street, if not in our garage (I'm new). From what I understand, Mr. Roush :)worship) comes in every year and makes a visit to Brandon Ford. He sets up a booth and a dyno in the parking lot, and people from all over come in and set up their cars.

I left the military unsure of my future, but I can actually say, I am as close to heaven as Ill ever be in this lifetime. Some people say salesmen are scum, but how many have they met that truly love their job and interacting with fellow FORD FANS!?!?! This cant get much better. If you guys want a true friend as a point of contact here, call me... if not just to BS !!! I love doing my research, so any questions you may have -- just ask and I will do my best to cite it in writing or equivalent straight from the horses mouth. Besides it will make me a better customer service rep!

P.S. - Please dont mistake this for advertising (plugging) my services wrongfully, I just love being in the company of other gearheads :). Thanks for not jumping my case...

Respectfully,
Robert Quinn
cell: 813-777-2882 call ANYTIME

·
Registered
324 Posts
aahh yes, that is correct.

redbullet said:
Not quite right

Brake horsepower is a common term and refers to the power measured at the crankshaft using a "prony" brake. A prony brake was a simple lever that was connected to the crankshaft with a brake. As the brake was applied, the lever would deflect and power was indicated. Today we use dyno's and computers to do the same thing

brake horsepower
n. Abbr. bhp or b.hp.
The actual or useful horsepower of an engine, usually determined from the force exerted on a friction brake or dynamometer connected to the drive shaft.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked around today with no luck. From what I understand, the british have used BHP for a looong time. But back in the 70's (?) the United States changed from BHP to HP due to inaccuracies within the BHP system. Apparently BHP used more estimated values than HP. Well the Brits stuck with their system and never deviated from using BHP. Now Ford is back using BHP. Anyone have any insight on this? I know it doesnt matter, but its things like this that I occupy my mind with on my spare time :dunce:, and they bother the heck outta me when I cant find the answer!!! LOL I know at least SOME of you understand.... if not, well.... who needs you guys!! LOL J/K.

-Robert

·
Registered
332 Posts
RavenUSAF said:
Yep, taken @ Brandon Ford... great dealership! I am in LOVE with the place, as I am in constant company with the ponies and great people ALL DAY LONG! The specs were passed along via hearsay, but I assure you the minute that thing is put on a dyno (might have happened already), Ill let you know the outcome. Luckily, there is a dyno right across the street, if not in our garage (I'm new). From what I understand, Mr. Roush :)worship) comes in every year and makes a visit to Brandon Ford. He sets up a booth and a dyno in the parking lot, and people from all over come in and set up their cars.

I left the military unsure of my future, but I can actually say, I am as close to heaven as Ill ever be in this lifetime. Some people say salesmen are scum, but how many have they met that truly love their job and interacting with fellow FORD FANS!?!?! This cant get much better. If you guys want a true friend as a point of contact here, call me... if not just to BS !!! I love doing my research, so any questions you may have -- just ask and I will do my best to cite it in writing or equivalent straight from the horses mouth. Besides it will make me a better customer service rep!

P.S. - Please dont mistake this for advertising (plugging) my services wrongfully, I just love being in the company of other gearheads :). Thanks for not jumping my case...

Respectfully,
Robert Quinn
cell: 813-777-2882 call ANYTIME
where were you when i bought mine? All I've gotten frm my salesman was a dropped ball. Bernard was good to work with, and the dude out in service, I ferget his name and don't have his card in front of me, was good. MOF, the service dude says they'll install a Saleen blower and keep my full factory warranty for around $7300. Real tempted.....:happyhapp

·
Registered
332 Posts
RavenUSAF said:
I asked around today with no luck. From what I understand, the british have used BHP for a looong time. But back in the 70's (?) the United States changed from BHP to HP due to inaccuracies within the BHP system. Apparently BHP used more estimated values than HP. Well the Brits stuck with their system and never deviated from using BHP. Now Ford is back using BHP. Anyone have any insight on this? I know it doesnt matter, but its things like this that I occupy my mind with on my spare time :dunce:, and they bother the heck outta me when I cant find the answer!!! LOL I know at least SOME of you understand.... if not, well.... who needs you guys!! LOL J/K.

-Robert
Uhhhhh.........US manufactures use ' SAE NET' figures. At the time, this was considered a more accurate reading. SAE 'Net' was measured w/full factory dressing. Prior to, the manufactures used a 'gross' reading. Generally, they gussied up a bare motor and dyno'd it for best reading. Some people believe the SAE 'Net' reading was for insurance purposes since the readings were lower than previous.

Today, the manufactures are going to a "SAE Power and Torque Certified" using the new Society of Automotive Engineers J2723 test procedure. This is a dyno test done by an independent test site. This is to verify the mfg. claims. Seems some of the furin makers have been fudging their HP claims for a while now.

The new LS7 is the first to be certified with this test procedure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aha!

Roger that! I gotta admit, its a little greek to me, but Ill research it, and then become the book expert on it! HAHAHA! Thanks man! I wish I was there for you when you bought the car.

Gotta quick story thats kinda awesome to me. We have a lot boy that works at the dealership and he's 19 years old. I caught him looking in the window of a Roush stage 2 today. He saw me and then started to walk away. I asked him jokingly when he was going to pick one up! He replied, "Oh next week, I think!!". So I said, "Of course, and I'll pick mine up too and we can race down Adamo Dr together!!". Ha ha ha.... little did I know I looked like a huge ass, just as soon as I said that he says... "NO SERIOUSLY, NEXT WEEK I AM GETTING THIS ROUSH". "Oh yeah, How you gonna do that", I ask? He says I've been saving all my life and I got $20,000 in my account. I told him Im jealous envious and then jealous of him again, but I got a buttload of respect for someone who earns their dream car that way! I want to be there when he gets it if he doesnt buy it from me. The process is a thing of beauty!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts