Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Considering making the switch to black Bullitts (17x8 & 17x10.5) - not happy w/gray ones on my red car. Or should I just put my Ultralites back on and give up the traction from the 315/35s currently on rear. Anyone have pics of black bullitts on their car?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mustang Tuning has 10.5 on sale: $154.95 INCLUDING shipping. Have other links for both 17x8 or 17x9

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well I've got some. I'm sorry they aren't on your body style, meatball...:sterb: They aren't exactly the best pictures, so I am going to have to take some new ones. I need to wash it anyway, we have been having awesome rain lately and these tires throw all of it onto my car:heha:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, helps/thanks
Spazzy - time for the Mach I front chin spoiler? Would look just right on your car. Do you have boot for top, would look good as well.

Okay, found this: looks like 18x8 & 18x10.5 on SN95

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and this one:

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Once you go black you never go back so I've been told :thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lances03GT said:
Once you go black you never go back so I've been told :thumbsup
-- Lance, have more of a front-end shot that includes spoiler?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hopefully my tires will be in next couple of days, I’ll be sure to post the picks. 97 Red GT Black bullitts 17X9 front 17X10.5 back. Got them through Discount Tire they beat mustang tunings price by $10 a rim and gave me good price on BFG’s. :drool:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, look forward to seeing pics on your car; should be sweet combo.

·
Registered
316 Posts
meatball said:
yes, helps/thanks
Spazzy - time for the Mach I front chin spoiler? Would look just right on your car. Do you have boot for top, would look good as well.
Yes, the Mach 1 spoiler and grille delete are on my list of to-do's:shiny: As for the boot to cover the top...no I do not have one. I am not sure on just what I want to do though...Get the normal top for like $300 or get the Speedster look that covers up the rear seats for like the same price almost:shrug

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hey Meatball, instead of buying yet another set of wheels maybe you should look into painting the Bullits you have now. I know they make special paint for wheels. You might be able to do it in your garage without even taking them off. Just a thought... the black would look better than the anthracite.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spazzyfry123 said:
As for the boot to cover the top...no I do not have one. I am not sure on just what I want to do though...Get the normal top for like $300 or get the Speedster look that covers up the rear seats for like the same price almost:shrug
-- got mine from, yes, EBay for $90 shipped - like the Speedster but don't have garage and top has to go up and down a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
meatball said:
-- Lance, have more of a front-end shot that includes spoiler?
Yes here you go....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dollarbill said:
Hey Meatball, instead of buying yet another set of wheels maybe you should look into painting the Bullits you have now. I know they make special paint for wheels. You might be able to do it in your garage without even taking them off. Just a thought... the black would look better than the anthracite.
-- Did run into a friend yesterday who told me about a powder-coating place, might look into it. Made easier because a) I have complete other set wheels/tire, and b) the combo on the car IS what works right even if I don't like the color. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, crude mockup of black Bullitts on my car; doing this to keep 17x8 on front, 17x10.5 on rear (I have gray bullitts now) - will also keep the complete Ultralite II/Yokohama set (17x9, 275/40)

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
It will look hot.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.