Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
tripleblack said:
What did they quote you at the powder coater to make the spokes black? Seems like this might be an interesting alternative, particularly given the wealth of new take-off bullits out there...
-- couldn't get hooked up; friend said call Place A, Place A said call Place B, B said call C, C said could coat wheels but the WHOLE wheel including rim. Gave up and whipped out the Visa. Sigh.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
3Black, your car looks great. I stayed 17" because I already have 3 sets of 17" tires!

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
UPDATE - No Go on the 17x10.5 DEEP DISH combined w/the Baer Eradispeed +1 rear brake system. This brake setup uses a special bracket to move the stock caliper out to work on a 13" rotor. While the NON-DEEP DISH 10.5" wheel fits, the construction of the deep-dish wheel has a (approx.) 1/2" smaller ID; it will not fit over the caliper. Bah Humbug! Solutions: 1) procure 2 black standard dish 10.5" Bullitts 2) go back to stock diameter rotors, removing the Baer add-on bracket 3) take drugs. Since the ultimate goal, based on my experience w/MY CAR, is to run 17x8's front & 10.5 rears, I'm going to do away with the pretty brakes on rear so I CAN RUN the black deep dish wheels I just purchased. Never a dull moment.. The OEM ford 8" Bullitts fit the Baer brake setup w/o problem as do my 17x9 Steeda Ultralite II's and the existing non-deep dish 10.5's. Hope this saves someone else some trouble. I'll let Mustang Tuning know what I'm going through.

Attachments

· Registered
314 Posts
meatball said:
UPDATE - No Go on the 17x10.5 DEEP DISH combined w/the Baer Eradispeed +1 rear brake system. This brake setup uses a special bracket to move the stock caliper out to work on a 13" rotor. While the NON-DEEP DISH 10.5" wheel fits, the construction of the deep-dish wheel has a (approx.) 1/2" smaller ID; it will not fit over the caliper. Bah Humbug! Solutions: 1) procure 2 black standard dish 10.5" Bullitts 2) go back to stock diameter rotors, removing the Baer add-on bracket 3) take drugs. Since the ultimate goal, based on my experience w/MY CAR, is to run 17x8's front & 10.5 rears, I'm going to do away with the pretty brakes on rear so I CAN RUN the black deep dish wheels I just purchased. Never a dull moment.. The OEM ford 8" Bullitts fit the Baer brake setup w/o problem as do my 17x9 Steeda Ultralite II's and the existing non-deep dish 10.5's. Hope this saves someone else some trouble. I'll let Mustang Tuning know what I'm going through.
Oh no! That is not good, not good at all...I am sorry to hear that man. Those are such beautiful brakes too:sterb:

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
spazzyfry123 said:
Oh no! That is not good, not good at all...I am sorry to hear that man. Those are such beautiful brakes too:sterb:
-- Sent the following note to Mustang Tuning: Just so you are aware: the supplied DEEP-DISH 17x10.5 Bullitt wheels will not clear the popular Baer Eradispeed +1 rear brake system as installed on a 96 Mustang GT. My current non-deep dish 17x10.5” silver Bullitts do clear as do OEM 17x8 Bullitts and 17x9” Steeda Ultralite IIs (obviously 17x9 Cobra R’s fit as well, below). ID on the deep dish wheels might be about ½” less than the non-deep dish wheels. My solution will be to remove the Eradispeed +1 rotors/brackets and utilize stock diameter rotors, moving the existing stock calipers back to their original location. This will allow me to run my desired combo of 17x8”-245/45/17 fronts and 17x10.5”-315/35/17 rears. Hope this saves someone some trouble in the future.

Solution: ordered two PowerSlot Pro-Stop II rotors (slotted, dimpled, cad-plated) from TireRack already, delivery on Tues/Weds. Have Thursday appointment to have this all done over again including swapping rear rotors, etc.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...e=PowerSlot&model=ProStop+II+Rotor&perfCode=S

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Rec'd two separate emails from Mustang Tuning / here's one:

Thanks for the heads up! We will make the change on the website to let everyone know about this.

Chris Chamblee
Mustangtuning.com Customer Support

Also discussed this w/Springfield Motorsport; they believe the Cobra rears will work w/this wheel. At any rate, will be attempting switch again on Thursday w/stock-sized rotors and my red Bullitt calipers. Pics when possible.

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Man bro, the drama never ends with this one. You better keep those wheels forever after all the crap you went through. Update on me: new higher paying job in the forcast = more go fast goodies!!

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Ok, appointment changed to Saturday a.m. to tackle rears again. Fronts are on; sorry for bad pic, better tomorrow.

Attachments

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Black Bullitts finally on car

Rainy Saturday morning in scenic Washington, DC but successful. Not the best pics in the best setting but..

Attachments

· Registered
5,573 Posts
Congrats

Congratulations! You are one determined guy. As they say, black is back.

Given that you have a growing collection of wheels and tires, have you considered trading some of them for a set of skinnies to go on the front for 1/4 mile action? The wheels to fit over your brakes are out there...

I'm regretting selling my old wheels/tires now - I'm going to Talladega for a few laps on their road course, and I'd like to put the old 17's with some road tires on...

Think I'll go see what's on ebay.

tripleblack

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Okay, Sunday morning in Washington, DC - pics in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia, a 15 min. scenic drive to 1) Starbucks, and then 2) the park on the Potomac for cleaning/pics. Guys, let me know what you think. Remember, goal was to find combo that kept 17x8 on front, and enough wheel on back for my existing 315/35/17's for traction. Had to give up my Eradispeed rear brakes to do it. If starting over again (and again, and...) I would have waited until I could find the right place to have painted the silverish 17x10.5 NON-deep dish wheels black; could "have had my brake" and eaten it too. Need an Eradispeed+1 set for rear of your car? Two OEM gray 17x8 Bullitts? Full set satin Ultralite II's w/Yokohama Es100's? Pics in gallery or by request.

Attachments

· Registered
278 Posts
Looks very damn good Meatball.Here is a couple of pics I took of mine after work the other day.

Attachments

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
LANCE - do you have a couple of front shots? Trying to convince a couple of friends to get the chin spoiler. Your car rocks!

· Registered
278 Posts
Thanks.Yes here is a couple.

Attachments

· Registered
229 Posts
My 03 vert is redfire w/the grey bullits, and black top- I get more compliements on these wheels- especially from the old timers...might want to re-think going black. :winks

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Mustang Dave said:
My 03 vert is redfire w/the grey bullits, and black top- I get more compliements on these wheels- especially from the old timers...might want to re-think going black. :winks
-- Hey, Beach Boy fan, have had them all: Chrome Cobra R's, OEM Bullitts, my alternate set of Ultralite II's, and the current black Bullitts. Very happy w/them.

Attachments

· Registered
278 Posts
265/35/18's on the front and 285/35/18's on the rear.Thanls.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hey, lance your car really shows how good those deeep dish bullitts can look.
Your pretty handy with a camera too "Nice angles".
I Noticed the 18 x 9 front wheels have more of a lip than the 17". I had steered away from the bullitts and decided to find a custom deep dish wheel but, after looking at those pics the bullitts are back on top for my 98.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.