Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
As I posted on Brad's site, it looks absolutely beautiful...that is an extremely tough looking ride! I'd hate to see that in my rearview...it would almost make me poopie my pants if I saw that coming up behind me!.

Now, go kill some rice.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not too shabby! Very nice. Question about the shakers. Is water an issue when driving/parked in the rain? Does the inlet somehow redirect water? Also, what about water creep into the engine compartment and possible shorts. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looks Excellent. Around what did it cost you? Total.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StangOwner2B said:
Not too shabby! Very nice. Question about the shakers. Is water an issue when driving/parked in the rain? Does the inlet somehow redirect water? Also, what about water creep into the engine compartment and possible shorts. Thanks for sharing!
around the entire shaker it has a rain gutter with 4 rubber downspouts. any water that doesn't make it into the downspouts goes over and runs down the plastic cover to the ground. The cover covers almost the entire motor. No problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done a lot of research on that CDC Shaker, but I have not found any benefits to it except looks, which, don't get me wrong is worth it. Is there any noticable gains? I am not to familiar with the gains that shakers in the past have brought to Mustanbgs and other cars. I would guess around 10 Hp for a model such as this?

·
Registered
867 Posts
It's cool but it hides too much of the engine making it look like a tuner or a GM product.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
How did you guys cut the hood... doesnt it make you a little nervous chopping on a $28,000 new car's hood?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Kyle F said:
How did you guys cut the hood... doesnt it make you a little nervous chopping on a $28,000 new car's hood?
Said Robin Hood to Little John; "Ahh, but faint heart has never won fair maiden!"

He prolly used a drill, high speed cutoff wheel, sanding disk and a file to make the hole.

·
Registered
867 Posts
No worries - if you screw it up you can get a Saleen take off already factory painted for $249. www.saleen.com oops - they were available. It looks like they changed the offerings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
brnrkm said:
Said Robin Hood to Little John; "Ahh, but faint heart has never won fair maiden!"

He prolly used a drill, high speed cutoff wheel, sanding disk and a file to make the hole.
Actually a hole saw, fine tooth metal blade in a jigsaw and a file. That is what CDC recommends...Cut like butter..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
06GTTungsten said:
I have done a lot of research on that CDC Shaker, but I have not found any benefits to it except looks, which, don't get me wrong is worth it. Is there any noticable gains? I am not to familiar with the gains that shakers in the past have brought to Mustanbgs and other cars. I would guess around 10 Hp for a model such as this?
it has been dynoed at 6 RWHP. It is noticeable on the throttle response. I did it for mainly looks and it is functional plus will increase airflow which increases MPG.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts