Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally got the call Friday night 2 hours after I was at the dealership pressing them for an update. They had no idea where the car was. 7:00 PM, it rolled off the truck. Spent Saturday driving it all day. Made a few runs up to 6500 rpms in 1st and 2nd and let it coast back down to seat everything. Strong to say the least. I put the graphics on her today. I did a thorough inspection of the under carriage and found that they missed installing a bracket on the fuel system. Used the wife’s 2010 mustang for reference. So much for their super duper quality inspections. Took pictures of it and sent them to my dealer. Tomorrow, we will be discussing a free extended warrantee that I asked for as compensation for the fiasco. The dealer went all the way up to the brand manager at Ford and got no response when asked for status of the order. All-in-all, the car is a lot of fun and I can’t wait to finish the break in and then to the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congratulations!!! IMHO I am not a fan of the hood scoop, just don't like that very visible seam, just my opinion and taste, but with that graphic I actually think it looks pretty cool :bigthumbsup

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Gorgeous Car ! Is that blackout panel on the decklid a Ford item or is it aftermarket ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gorgeous Car ! Is that blackout panel on the decklid a Ford item or is it aftermarket ?
Aftermarket from Graphics Express $44 shipped. The ones on the hood I got from Bob White Stripes and Decals about $40 if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ace High I am so glad you finally got your car man! I know you were anxious So was I I finally got mine last Thursday I already for 719 Miles on her, well it is also my daily driver!! :)

·
Banned
885 Posts
Congrats on your new BEAST!Love the access. Pkg 4 hood scoop n pedestal spoiler makes it look MEAN!I'll have to consider the hood stripe you have for mine.

Is the blackout in the back VINYL or MAGNETIC?Heard the magnetic ones shrink & get brittle.

·
Registered
330 Posts
congrats Ace, you deserve it man. My wife and I are still waiting. They told me the 26th, but whatever. It'll be here soon enough. Hopefully we'll get some good pics for ya when we gettem straightend out.

fox

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congrats on the car, but don't expect a dealershp to pay for an ESP for something that was not right from the factory.
That's what the new vehicle warranty is for.
;)
I dig the color.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congratulations! That Candy Red looks great with the black accents. Are you planning on getting the windows tinted? That would definately add a bit to the look. Enjoy, Brother. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
nice! happy you got your car.. finally!

·
Registered
648 Posts
That is a SHARP looking car. Just looking at that I would say to myself, "wait, what wait, oh yeah I had to wait for it, almost forgot".

·
Registered
164 Posts
Glad to see you finally got your baby. Looks great!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Congrats on finally getting your Mustang. I like the color and those graphics are nice as well. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
59 Posts
Besides the Package #4, you read my mind on the perfect 5.0. I was thinking on how hood spears and a blackout panel would look on the candy red, glad you put up the pics.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
congrats Ace, you deserve it man. My wife and I are still waiting. They told me the 26th, but whatever. It'll be here soon enough. Hopefully we'll get some good pics for ya when we gettem straightend out.

fox

Fox, I feel bad for you and the misses. I really am pulling or you. I hope next week is golden for you. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on your new BEAST!Love the access. Pkg 4 hood scoop n pedestal spoiler makes it look MEAN!I'll have to consider the hood stripe you have for mine.

Is the blackout in the back VINYL or MAGNETIC?Heard the magnetic ones shrink & get brittle.

Blackout is vinyl. Easy to apply.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Beautiful love the Hood Spear Stripes!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.